(NOAH) "It's a really good situation to let everyone know and show it them, how much I have grown in Noah." ~ interview with Eddie Edwards.

March 5th 2019
Weekly Pro

"Japan...I am very glad that I could return to Noah. I couldn't even once in 2018, so it feels like a very long time.
There were also a variety of changes taking place in IMPACT, and as well as my ring-wear, my style also changed, and looking back on it, there were various things I thought of while I was not coming to Noah.

Last year, during the match, I was struck by a baseball bat by Sami Callahan, and I sustained a fracture to the side of my nose. I didn't have to have an operation, but I couldn't wrestle for a month, and it was around about that time that I thought that I would change myself afterwards. Although my basic style has not changed, I wondered if it was better to expand my range by adding hardcore elements such as anger and aggression to my style. Being beaten by the bat was a bad thing and the experience was not good, but what came out of it was good as it became a trigger for me, and I thought I would like to try new things.   

Initially I was scheduled to participate as the partner of Atsushi Kotoge.
Kotoge-san has also changed his style while I have been absent from Noah...Kakumei! He is trying to revolutionize. I have become new too. With the two of us tagging, I thought that we couldn't do a whole lot more, as he's incredibly crazy! It sounds bad, but I mean it in a good way (laugh). So, when I heard that Kotoge-san was injured, it was disappointing. I wanted to team and take the belt with Kotoge-san, but as I know from personal experience, injuries happen. I want to do it in the future, so I hope he gets better soon.
Although the GHC Tag challenge may have ceased, it was great to return to the green ring again. I have had a singles match with (Masa) Kitamiya-san, and he is a wrestler who is in a situation where he can challenge for the belt at any time. I have always respected him, but the feeling became stronger during the match. I did a Tiger Driver during it. Noah is the place that made me grow as both a person and as a wrestler. Even when I am wrestling in America, I always think of Noah and feel that I am part of it.
After the match with Kitamiya-san, I thought to myself, my partner is here, isn't he? Before the match with Kotoge-san was decided upon, I had never worn the GHC Heavyweight tag belt before, so this was something I was always conscious of, and this bought me back to the original purpose. Kitamiya-san's style is different, but the reaction is that it will be a great team. In our singles match he had a will to win, and that is what partly pulled my own strength out.

There is a relationship with the champions too, Shiozaki-san and I have practiced together in the Noah dojo since we were young, and Nakajima-san, I won the heavyweight championship from. It's a really good situation to let everyone know and show it them, how much I have grown in Noah.

I hope IMPACT and Noah can get bigger and bigger as groups, and I want to be of help. Looking around at the pro-wrestling world, it is chaotic and that is why there is big opportunity. I will be doing my best for NOAH on IMPACT, so do not go anywhere. 

On the 10th March, Noah's logo and ring mat will change in Yokohama. I'm a little sad as I have been accustomed to this for a long time, but the Emerald Spirit is always in my heart."

Picture credit: Weekly Pro

Comments