(NOAH) Masa Kitamiya mini interview


Noah.co.jp
7th March 2019

Q: You fought against Eddie Edwards in a singles match at the 24th February at Korakuen Hall?
KITAMIYA: We have had several matches, and as usual, its tough. Besides that, he has speed and skill, he is a wonderful wrestler. I respect Eddie.

Q: At that Korakuen event, Nakajima and Shiozaki beat 50 Funky Powers and became the GHC tag champions, you and Edwards challenged them for it.
KITAMIYA: Eddie came to Japan to have a title match, but his partner got hurt and went, so he cannot just go back to America. It was more than just a singles match with a me, caused by the cards being rearranged. I wanted to have something meaningful. I always want to grab opportunities, and I think Eddie felt the same.

Q: You have been GHC tag champion with Kenoh and last March with Nakajima in Yokohama. Compared to these two past partners, what is your image of Eddie?
KITAMIYA: It is unknown, isn't it? I don't know what will happen to me. He has both skill and experience, and is very encouraging as a partner.

Q: Nakajima and Shiozaki told you, "we make no mistake about your strength, but we cannot think of losing".
KITAMIYA: The champion always has something to protect that they are desperate to keep. In contrast to that though, we are greedy. I don't think anyone wants to lose.

Q: The champion team have said they have decided on their name as "AXIZ"
KITAMIYA (Sarcastic): Oh, I think that is so cool.  What a sense of magnificence. How egotistical that you would call yourself the center! In Yokohama I will fold that axle in half!

Q: What are your memories of the green mat?
KITAMIYA: It was a place were I was hit repeatedly and I fell down. Even though I fell, I rose feeling annoyed and with a rebellious spirit. I have nothing but gratitude to the green mat that taught my indomitable spirit.

Q: And then on the 10th March in Yokohama, there will be a new Noah logo and a new canvas
KITAMIYA'S answer doesn't translate well, but I think he is saying its somewhat a change from the unique green.

Q: So, please give a final word about the GHC tag in Yokohama on the 10th March.
KITAMIYA: In Yokohama I will fight with respect to my rebellious spirit, and with respect to my partner. That's all.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp 

Comments