(NOAH) Mini interview with AXIZ (Go Shiozaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima)


Noah.co.jp
9th March 2019

Q: On the 24th February at Korakuen Hall, for the second time your team were crowned GHC tag champions. What was your impression of your opponents, Quiet Storm and Mohammed Yone?
NAKAJIMA: I could feel the difference and the weight of the careers. We both felt it. Among the generation above and the lower, the upper has established their position, and the lower despite the momentum is going downward. I think it was good to have the result that we did in the title match under the circumstance that we would not be buried as we are in the middle.
SHIOZAKI: I know the accuracy and power of 50 Funky Powers. We cannot let ourselves lose to that team. We cannot afford to have the belt lost to the upper generation of Yone and Storm forever. I understand their strength as a tag, but I think we are better. Beating them for the belt, has been an important match.

Q: The name of your team has been decided as "AXIZ", please tell me the meaning of the name again.
NAKAJIMA: The true spelling is "A.X.I.Z", and the meaning means "Axis" or "Center". The last letter, "S" was changed to "Z". The alphabet starts with A and ends with Z, so in a way wanted to be the ones who turned everything, from the beginning to the end, from the center.
SHIOZAKI: That's right. We took the GHC tag, and thought we would take this name as the team at the center of the professional wrestling world.

Q: What about Masa Kitamiya and Eddie Edwards, who you will fight in your first defense in Yokohama?
NAKAJIMA: I have no thoughts...
SHIOZAKI: I have never clashed with that tag. It is impossible to imagine the actual match. I had an image of Kotoge and Eddie, but Kotoge was injured, and now its Kotoge and Eddie. I don't know this. I am familiar with their individual strength, but it is unknown whether they will have more or less power as a tag team.

Q: Shiozaki last faced Edwards on the 25th March 2017 at Korakuen, and on the 26th August he took the GHC Heavyweight from Nakajima.
NAKAJIMA: Both of us personally owe Eddie
SHIOZAKI: I'd like to give you a quick return.

Q: Nakajima was a tag champion as both "Kitajima" and "The Aggression"
NAKAJIMA: I have already forgotten. What was that? Ha ha ha.

Q: You have known him from before his debut and before becoming tag champions. I think you know him like the back of your hand, but it seems that Kitamiya's momentum is increasing compared to those days.
NAKAJIMA: I faintly remember...I know...(laugh). I know the strength of Masa Kitamiya. I think he is a good wrestler. But, I said goodbye to him a while ago (laugh). I guess its all a question of timing, and that timing is now. What an interesting picture it is to face each other.

Q: Your first tag was last year against Naomichi Marufuji and Takashi Sugiura at Mitsuharu Misawa's memorial match at the 10th June last year at Korakuen Hall. You put together the tag to surpass the veterans.
NAKAJIMA: It was just timing, I wasn't concious of being a team then. Shiozaki sensed a partner when he extended his hand to Kiyomiya at the final of "Global League" last year. I took the GHC tag right away, but then lost it in Yokohama in December. The switch didn't go well somewhere. This time, we have taken the GHC tag and decided on the name "AXIZ". Finally, we are at the starting line of the future.

Q: The Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium is where you dropped the tag belts the last time...
NAKAJIMA: Ah...
SHIOZAKI: It became a blood bath!
NAKAJIMA: Not just in Yokohama, I usually have a feeling of tension, but this title match is different. I just happened to have it. There is going to be a demon in the ring.
SHIOZAKI: I only plan to defend, and will not think about losing before it. However, there is an anxiety factor as I do not know and cannot foresee the strength of Eddie and Masa, but if it is a tag with Katsu, it will not be a problem.

Q: Please give a message to your fans at the Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium on the 10th March.
SHIOZAKI: Speaking of tags in Noah "AXIZ", speaking of tags in the pro wrestling world, "AXIZ". We will become more like it, and burn as you watch the first defense.
NAKAJIMA: There is just one thing I want to say - on the 10th March in Yokohama, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Go Shiozaki, enjoy watching "AXIZ"! That's all.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp 

Comments