(NOAH) Kaito Kiyomiya - costume research


"Weekly Pro"
April 2019

Kaito Kiyomiya, the youngest GHC Heavyweight champion in Noah, changed his costume from the 10th March in Yokohama, when the new system became fully fledged. Until then he had worn short green tights, but these have now become shorts.
The point is that "it has been changed" from an ordinary t-shirt to Kiyomiya's Emerald green based gown which is silver and gold studded, and the finished effect has a stately feeling.
Of course there is also the physical weight of the gown, but Kiyomiya means this to be an overlap of "everyone's support".

By wearing the new gown he can sense its weight being like a sense of expectation for himself. He wears green, the color of Mitsuharu Misawa, who he focuses on before the match, even though Noah launched the "leaving Misawa" on the 10th March in Yokohama.
As the core, attention has been paid to what color Kiyomiya would be. Regarding this he says, "I absolutely never wanted to change from Emerald Green. I stuck with it".

Instead of making new colors, he dares to keep the green that he has liked from his early days, and has chosen to continue using it. With the sense of expectation from the audience, the history of Noah and his own sense of responsibility, Kiyomiya will run with the emerald green costume

The spiritualism of the hood 

The gown has a hood.
Before the match, he put up the hood and concentrated.

"So far all the top-class GHC champions in Noah, Misawa, Kobashi, Kenoh, have all been dressed up. I looked at the seniors and thought that I had to wear a gown if I was to be the man who stands in the main of Noah from now on. I thought that before the match, I had to wear the gown with the hood up, and my view of the world was covered. On the 10th March I changed my hairstyle too in Yokohama, so I put the hood up to hide it. Now I enter without wearing it."



Two white feathers soaring in the sky

There are white feathers on the hood and on the arms.
"When I hit a drop kick or a missile kick, the fur reminds me of white feathers. There are many skills that are in the air"

The thickness and heaviness of the gown

Glittery glitzy gowns, are also heavy.
"It's heavy. It is more than 10kg isn't it? The weight of the gown is the same as the weight of everyone's support. I fight and get power from this expectation."

"The Emerald New Star".

In the triumphant match of January 17th, this was the title of the article in this magazine.
"I liked "Emerald New Star" and put it on my costume.








Picture credit: Weekly Pro

Comments