(NOAH) "Global Junior Tag League" Hajime Ohara mini interview

 

May 15th 2019

Q: What as your intention in joining the Sugiura Army again?
OHARA: Simply put, I wanted to get stronger. Sugiura is very different from my fighting style, and that is why I thought to do something I never did before and learn from Sugiura so that I could improve my power by several steps. I am impatient. The surroundings are getting more and more active, and I cannot get the result so easily. There are also personal worries, but of you compare it with football, you can focus on supportive roles. For example, they put the emphasis on that, and although you can play defense, you cannot take it all if it goes to points. If you can't score the goal, you cannot win.
I felt that I wasn't in a supportive role.
Then I came to Noah. It has been six years, but I still have a feeling that I haven't learned the essence of Noah.
I have a sense of experience from what I learned at Toruyumon and CMLL, and from matches and the experience of learning from TAIJIJI, Kawada and Anjo, which is why I wanted to learn and master Noah's professional wrestling. After all, there is an impression of Sugiura when speaking of Pro Wrestling Noah. "Symbol of strength", I want to do my best to inherit this. Its a turning point in the newborn Noah. Heisei to Reiwa. It is at this time of growth without being tied to my past, that I asked Sugiura for new teaching.

Q: After joining, you have fought in the Sugiura Army, how do you see it?
OHARA: The new Hajime Ohara is still exploring the Sugiura Army. For those of you who have watched the matches, I think you are aware of the changes in Hajime Ohara. I am still exploring the link with Suguiura, but so far there has been a very good response. Sugiura is a mam with feelings, and gives a sense of warmth when instructing. I am not ashamed to ask for advice and teaching, and be taught. More new fights and new changes are being made.

Q: You said that you think that tagging with NOSAWA is probably easy to do?
OHARA: Actually, I have had a relationship with NOSAWA since the time of my debut. I don't think too many people know this, but MAZADA, NOSAWA'S partner, was one of the coaches at Toryumon, so I may have imbibed the teaching of the Tokyo Hooligans (laughs). Although perhaps not an evaluation of Japan, its was amazing to be active in Arena Mexico. It's great to go out there once or twice, and it is equally as good to be out there for a long time. I understand NOSAWA to a great extent. My concern now is for NOSAWA. Knee pain? Well thats' no problem, because I am going to win.

Q: What do you want to say to Kumano?
OHARA: There is nothing in particular, we will communicate everything at the match at Korakuen.

Q: What are we going to see from your entry?
OHARA: We will go to the final. There is no doubt that it will be a tough fight, but if we don't follow in the footsteps of Sugiura and KAZMA, we will break the flow.
 
Q: Which team will you be paying the most attention to?
OHARA: YO-HEY & HAYATA. I still regret that I missed out on the title match at the finals of last years Kultz Kawasaki. In particular, HAYATA took the single belt*, and since has been hard to deal with. I want to win somehow.

Q: What is the card of your ideal final?
OHARA: There is the drama of winning from the champions after all, it is good for drama to get revenge for last year; Ogawa and Suzuki, YO-HEY & HAYATA.

Q: Please leave a message for the fans?
OHARA: The Jnr Sugiura army will continue to follow Sugiura and KAZMA, and prove that it is not only RATELS or Stinger. I have an aim, and Hajime Ohara of the Takashi Sugira army has just begun. I will show the way of life as I climb up. In the Junior Tag League, the Sugiura Army's Hajime Ohara and NOSAWA will win. That is why the Junior Tag League is also Muy Bien!


Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

*HAYATA took the GHC Junior Heavyweight from Hajime Ohara in 2017 

Comments