(NOAH) "I feel that it may be RATELS or the Sugiura Army" mini interview with Akitoshi Saito


Q: "Global Tag League 2019" was a big success, you won 6 points by defeating the GHC tag champions, AXIZ, but what has been the response to the "Dark Agents Return"?
SAITO: In the tag league battles there were many exciting teams with unknown potential with new partners in the tag league. Regarding evolution, the Dark Agents Return were formed on the concept that evolution and aging due to the passage of time and trust, can only be done by ourselves. "The Dark Agents Return" were formed to that concept. We could not achieve the result of getting to the finals, but we made sure to show our maturity upon our return. We took the victory from each team that held a belt, and I felt a good response during the trial run. Because The Dark Agents have just begun, I think that the possibility of further changes ripening, can reach unexpected places.

Q: You have just started a Twitter, what kind of thing do you want to convey?
SAITO: I started a new Twitter, which had been inactive for a while* (Editors note: he forgot the password). I would like to convey a different pro-wrestler Akitoshi Saito than in blogs.

Q: I would like to get your comments on "Global Junior Tag League 2019", which will open on the 28th May at Korakuen Hall. First of all, what do you think about the league?
SAITO: "Global Jnr Tag League 2019" opens on the 28th May at Korakuen Hall. I think the league is severe, and it is something that you can't lose focus with from start to finish. Just like the championships, countermeasures against opponents are difficult to narrow down. Long term concentration is required as you have to cope with distinctive team changes each time. In addition to proficiency, I think it is a fight against demons where progress and luck greatly affect the outcome.

Q: What team do you care about?
SAITO: Looking at the entry teams, there are the champions Ogawa and Kotaro. They are a target and have the belt to protect, it will be a match under pressure to win. As this team has a long established bond and career, I am looking forward to what kind of fight they will show.
With regards to HAYATA & YO-HEY, who have won for two consecutive years, and in spite of breaking up the former couple were requested. Once you become an enemy, that is when you can see your partner objectively. We can expect further development in the renewal of the necessity as a partner. There is a tendency to repeat, and I think this is a team that can highlight it.
In regards to RATELS and Stinger, the person from the former couple team* left to make the other team, and while there is expectation I think, where is the focus, what is your theme?
It is going to be interesting to see which team gets the overall victory.
Ohara, there is the image that he is always pursuing thoughts in his head, and he entered into the army with a tag partner. I think he is looking for something meaningful and I think he will find the answer. I think this is a team to be cautious about.
Miyawaki is another one to be anxious about. He has watched his seniors and the juniors, and I think the various thoughts and movements will begin to produce results. I hope he can break out of his skin in this league, and take flight, I want to see it. I am looking forward to see if he can break through his own convictions.

Q: Which team do you think will win?
SAITO: To be honest, this is quite difficult...but I feel that it may be RATELS or the Sugiura Army.

Q: Finally, please give a message to the fans
SAITO: In junior tag league I think people have the image of a lighter weight when speaking of the juniors, but they may be 10 to 30kg heavier than regular wrestlers, and it may be important or not at all if they are near 40kg. The wrestlers move at high speed using a technique that is not often found in heavyweights using the bodies ability to fly and bounce. This can change the course of the match and win in an instance. I want to see the fans unable to look away. 

*RATELS

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments