(NOAH) Mini interview with Junta Miyawaki (Global Junior League 2019)


Q: Global Junior League 2019 will start at Korakuen Hall on the 27th
MIYAWAKI: My first appearance last year in a league was a total loss, but this year, I won by myself on the previous tour, twice, and so I hope I can ride that wave and aim for my first singles victory. I think I can become the eye of the storm.
Q: Okay, well everything I wanted to hear has been said...
MIYAWAKI: I will do my best!

Q: Lets talk about the entrants in Block A. What about the GHC Junior Heavyweight champion, Minoru Tanaka?
MIYAWAKI: Mr. Tanaka uses a joint lock, which aims at the arms which is like the style I am trying to do. I don't know how he will attack, but I would like to fight with the arm attack, and get the victory that way.

Q: GHC Junior Tag Champion, Yoshinari Ogawa is in the same block?
MIYAWAKI: Mr. Ogawa defeated me in a few seconds in our previous singles match (January 6th 2018), and that image is still before me....I don't think I can win, but I may as I am growing!

Q: Daisuke Harada is the IPW Junior Champion
MIYAWAKI: I am not up to that...I am the weakest person. But strike with growth to win (rough).

Q: What about Tadasuke?
MIYAWAKI: The rumor is is that Tadasuke is on a roll. I think its strange that he is an "uncrowned champion" who has never been one. I think I have to be cautious about that power, and if I can dodge the lariat, I think I can find a way to win.

Q: Finally, there is YO-HEY.
MIYAWAKI: He is the Noah junior who has a hidden chop. The chops hurt the most among the juniors! It doesn't swell or bleed, but it hurts anyway! He doesn't chop you as much as possible, and then there is the dropkick, and he always gets me in the face when wrestling me. As well as the Face G, the dropkick to the face is the other thing to be careful of.

Q: So, if you gain momentum from your first victory, and become the eye of the storm, and get to the final, who would you like to fight?
MIYAWAKI: I would like to have a singles match against Chris Ridgeway, but I think it would be Kotaro Suzuki who I would like to see in the final. I will defeat him as he is aiming for a win two years in a row!

Q: You have bought out a lot in a big way....
MIYAWAKI: I don't think that anyone has thought of this, but I think in this league, I have to challenge with those emotions.

Q: So, please give a message for the league which will start on the 27th.
MIYAWAKI: In Tag League I had a reliable partner, Morohashi, but this time it is a single league and I can only fight on my own with my own ability. How far can I go? Like I said at the beginning, I am aiming for my first singles win, I will gain momentum and aim for it. Thank you for your support!

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (picture credit, Noah.co.jp)

Comments