(NOAH) Mini interview with Katsuhiko Nakajima (Global Junior League 2019)


24th June 2019

Q: "Global Junior League 2019" will start soon, and I would this time like to ask a heavyweight to predict the winner. Lets start with A block.
NAKAJIMA (looks at the league table): I would say that in A block the likely winners would be either Daisuke Harada or YO-HEY. There are wrestlers in this block with a wealth of experience like Minoru Tanaka and Yoshinari Ogawa. This block has the main core of the current Noah juniors.
Q: Who among them decisively?
NAKAJIMA: I want Junta to persevere. I want Junta to go for it in A Block.

Q: In the previous Junior Tag League, his growth was remarkable, and he gained his first victory.
NAKAJIMA: His recent growth may not stand out too much, but it is amazing, even if it is not discovered (rough). You will see this when you watch the match, so I am personally expecting it.

Q: What about B Block?
NAKAJIMA: Yes. I have a good feeling about both blocks. Kotaro Suzuki, Hi69, Hajime Ohara, HAYATA, all of these wrestlers are in units.
Q: Kotaro Suzuki won last year?
NAKAJIMA: I have expectations, these members are the main force, but Hitoshi Kumano continues to be buried, and want to see extraordinary hard work. After all, I think I want you do your hearts desire (rough). Then there is Chris Ridgeway; his movement and flexibility is natural and he shone in Junior Tag League, and there is anticipation. A block has Junta, and B block with Ridgeway, makes you think that he is going to be a dark horse. That is why Kumano should not be buried, and I want him to bring out his own style, and personally I can see that is problem.
Q: Kumano has had many opportunities to partner with AXIZ recently?
NAKAJIMA: He said that it feels great to partner with us, and I think that Kumano has all the elements to rise to the victory, if he brings out all of that in the singles. So, in A block I have Junta, and in B block I want Kumano to win.

Q: So, your prediction is a playoff between Junta Miyawaki & Hitoshi Kumano for the finals? But, who is your winning candidate?
NAKAJIMA: Daisuke Harada!
Q: No! No! No! Don't be silly! (laughs)
NAKAJIMA: Why shouldn't he get another victory? (laughs) Anyway, the winner will be Hajime Ohara, who celebrates the 15th anniversary of his debut this year.
Q (laughing): I cannot understand you anymore
NAKAJIMA: But these are the current Noah Juniors? I cannot predict who will really leap out, its going to be unexpected. I want the customers to enjoy it, and I want them to support their favorite wrestlers passionately and with their whole hearts. I have expectations for contemporary Hajime Ohara. His expected victory, is my personal hope (laughs).

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp 

Comments