(NOAH) Mini interview with Shuhei Taniguchi (Global Junior League 2019)


"I think you need luck and ability to win the league"
The predicted victory is....

Q: On the 13th June, you defeated Naomichi Marufuji in a memorial match in Osaka, and you said that you want to aim all at once?
TANIGUCHI: Kiyomiya is the current champion, and I will time those matches with chance. Regardless of whoever is champion, I have decided what I am going to aim at.

Q: How do you feel about the tag with Kiyomiya?
TANIGUCHI: I would say that there is still some way to go, but a fully fledged start is yet to come. We have done tags and have the feel for it, so I will put my best effort into it, and work on the dispatch of it.

Q: There is the N-1 VICTORY in August
TANIGUCHI: First of all, I want to compete. I want to prove to Marufuji that it wasn't just a freak win by getting the results.

Q: On the 27th June, Global Junior League 2019 starts at Korakuen Hall. Are there any wrestlers who you are interested in?
TANIGUCHI: I watched Junior Tag League, and Chris Ridgeway is a good wrestler. I can't see his limits yet, and it looked like he had many drawers to pull out.* I am looking forward to seeing how he is going to fight in singles. Miyawaki also worked hard in the tag league, he tried his best, but I wonder how he will do in singles. The rest was the match between ourselves (Marufuji vs Taniguchi) in Osaka on June 13th, and in the finals, the momentum of the four wrestlers who fought in it may continue in the single league.

Q: What is the difference between heavyweight and junior?
TANIGUCHI: Heavy is a "one shot" weight* The juniors have magnificent movements in their matches, playing with their movements.

Q: Who do you predict for victory?
TANIGUCHI: I think you need luck and ability to win the league. The expected victory is frankly...is high tension Tadasuke. He brings out the high tension in the match, and the way he fights is also gaining momentum. I think that will lead to results in the singles league matches.

Q: Finally, please give a message to the fans.
TANIGUCHI: I think that the junior fights will continue to unfold everywhere. I will fight for Noah, and we will show you the best fight in the world, so please come and support us!

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

*Kind of like saying he has many techniques to use.
*Hard to explain, but he kind of means they are agile in that one moment.

Comments