(NOAH) Kaito Kiyomiya press conference on fifth title defense


Noah.co.jp
29th July 2019

Q: Looking back on the match with Nakajima at Kawasaki?

KIYOMIYA: At the 27th July Kultz Kawasaki event, the opponent was the strongest challenger so far. Nakajima-san has established his own style. Until now I have never had an opponent with such a different style, I could not attack...he did not even let me receive. It became a match that I had never done before, it was the first time I had a strike, a kick, a slap...a strike, and I think I was able to establish "Kiyomiya's reception", I think I was able to establish by own retrieval. And because of that, I was able to discover a new dangerous skill that I had never used before, and discover a new cruelty in myself. Thank you for your support.

PRESIDENT TAKEDA: Thank you everyone who came to the Kultz Kawasaki event on Saturday. First of all, in response to the declaration of Kiyomiya's intentions after the Kawasaki event, I will inform you of the decision regarding the upcoming tournament. First of all, Kiyomiya will not participate in the N-1 VICTORY, and on November 2nd he will fight with the winner at Sumo Hall for the GHC Heavyweight. I accept this announcement completely. As a result therefore on November 2nd, the four major GHC championships that will be held at sumo hall, will be treated as a clean slate. The reason for this decision is that I really value the performance of Kiyomiya over the past six months, and I want to fully accept and believe in the champion. For both the N-1 and at Sumo Hall, I want to create a big whirlpool, that will make all big events succeed..the resolution of the champion. I think that this is a decision that after thinking about Noah's current situation, is very risky and requires preparation. As a champion, each match has been a wonderful defense, and on that I made a decision that it was a statement that he is prepared to carry Noah. That is the reason why I have accepted it, and although he will not participate in the league, there is a match for Kiyomiya in each N-1 event. 

PRESIDENT TAKEDA then announces the participating wrestlers in the league.

Q: It is inevitable that there will be an outcry against the non participation in the N-1?

KIYOMIYA: Of course, I did want to join the N-1 VICTORY at the start. I really want it to be successful as it is the very first one, and it is important. As the champion, I want to show intense Noah matches all over the country. I have that ambition. However, I can also understand that the fans will be saying, "Why are you not in the N-1?". But, I think that it will not bother all the fans. I am thinking of the bigger future of Noah now, so is my decision correct or not? I don't know now, but I am drawing a new scene as a champion. I am going to move towards it as champion with my own will, and I think there will be customers who will be watching closely.

Q: What is the reason for selecting only 10 wrestlers for the N-1?

PRESIDENT TAKEDA: As this is the first tournament, there were various options to be considered, but for those suitable to challenge the champion for the belt...the wrestlers were narrowed down so that all the official matches would be appropriate for the main event.

Q: Kiyomiya, who would you like to win?

KIYOMIYA'S answer doesn't really translate, but he gives a vague answer about his not entering the N-1 and some wrestlers responding to it, he doesn't name names though (he probably means Kenoh though who was the most vocal unsurprisingly).

Q: Do you want to face your current partner Taniguchi in the final...

KIYOMIYA: We have already fought to capture the tag belt, and I have seen Taniguchi-san's transformation firsthand. I think it would be interesting to fight for a single belt.

Q: I think that one of the dreams is to stand in the main at the Edion Arena First Stadium in Osaka for the first time in four years, but is this a determination for a larger dream? 

KIYOMIYA: As a champion I am picturing a dream, but what is the key? When I really wanted to raise Noah this year, I thought about it inside of me (rough). To that end, the N-1 Victory is very important! But, as important as it is, I think the main of Sumo Hall, will definitely be the key.

Q: Will you be able to challenge, just because you have made the decision not to participate?

KIYOMIYA: Yes, there are many things that I want to experience as a champion while I am not in the N-1. I have thought hard about it, and I would like to show the customers this match. The N-1 is really important, and the first league match is important, and I know that the attention is going to go there. However, it is the main event of Sumo Hall that will be key, and so therefore I have not put pressure on myself by appearing in the N-1. Until now I have arrived at this point by doing that, by putting pressure on myself, so how can I really think for myself and grow as a champion by not appearing? I want to keep it in my mind to stand ready in Sumo Hall without appearing in the N-1 to enhance and raise my own progression. 

Q: As the company has accepted the assertion of Kiyomiya, but it is likely that Kongoh's Kenoh will say that he is being given preferential treatment?

PRESIDENT TAKEDA: There is no such thing as "preferential treatment". On the premise that you fully trust his opinion, supposing even if he said he was going to "get out" of the company, I know that Kiyomiya's nature is not one that will bend once he has made up his mind. Besides, I think that there is no disadvantage to the wrestlers who are in the league. It is only necessary for them to win, and then go to Sumo Hall and win the belt. I consider it another challenge for the wrestlers who are entering the league, how do you enliven the N-1 without Kiyomiya? On the contrary, I think there will be pressure on them too.

Q: Around the 2nd November, other promotions will hold events at Sumo Hall (DDT on the 3rd, Big Japan on the 4th), is this something to be aware of? 

KIYOMIYA: I have the confidence that Noah's fight is the best in Japan. I think we have a chance to show Noah's appeal at Sumo Hall, for the event to continue. 

Q: Sakuraba, who once instructed you in joint techniques, has decided to fight. Are you interested in a match?

KIYOMIYA: Whether that is applied to the person who taught me....since then I haven't used it in matches, and I am practicing on improving the accuracy. It is an exciting feeling that if I try it, I can do various things with it. 

Q: Please tell us of your love of Sumo Hall again? What are your thoughts?

KIYOMIYA: Although it will be a memorable event, this will be the first time that a show will be held at Sumo Hall as purely Noah since I entered. In that sense, I think it is a new landscape. I don't think it will be successful just because I say so, but the tournament in Noah is key this year, I am aware of that. 

Picture credit: Noah.co.jp


Comments