(NOAH) "American papa. There are too many memories..." Marufuji, Sugiura and others. Memorial tweets of the Noah students.

Hochi News 
2nd August 2019

On the 2nd, the pro wrestling Noah wrestlers, who had built a close relationship with US-Japan legendary wrestler, Harley Race, wrote memorial tweets after hearing of his death at age 76 due to lung cancer.
After retiring in 1995, Race presided over indie group WLW in Eldon, Missouri. Noah established a friendship with the promotion, and sent their wrestlers out to the United States. Under the guidance of Race, they participated in WLW.
In addition to this relationship, he was appointed chairman of the GHC Championship management.

Among the wrestlers, Naomichi Marufuji, who Race called "Japanese son" said, "Race, American papa. I have too many memories...he called me "Japanese son". Please rest in peace. I pray for your soul."
Takashi Sugiura said, "When I went to visit the dojo at at Reis's wrestling camp, he invited me to his home. He was a kind man. I pray for your soul."
Daisuke Harada said, "When Harley Race came to Japan, he watched the practice at the Dojo, and he helped on the tour. He was a very kind man who took care of me when I was young. I pray for your soul."

In addition, Noah have posted their condolences on the official site for "Mr Wrestling", Harley Race.
Race was not only the chairman for the management of the GHC, but he also made an effort to train the younger wrestlers, and supported Pro Wrestling Noah.
Noah posted a memorial message thanking him for kindness and praying for his soul from the wrestlers and all the staff.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)

Comments