(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS ~ N-1 VICTORY, NIGHT 2 (Across Fukoka, Fukoka, Tuesday August 20th 2019)

YOSHIKI INAMURA
"I'm sorry I can't enter the N-1, but it is my lack of ability. Absolutely...I will become even stronger, and I will make sure that I am in the N-1 next time. I will win more and more."


STINGER
Q: About today's match?
RIDGEWAY: This is not the first time I won. Isn't this the second time? Easy. What did you think of today?
Q: You destroyed his ankle
RIDGEWAY: Yes.
Q: Will you make him tap out in Osaka*
RIDGEWAY: Of course. I'll make him tap every day until the title match. Easy. Easy.

*Original question does not translate well, so I substituted it for Osaka


ALEX HAMMERSTONE
"I enjoyed the match. I won my first tag match in Japan. You know now that the Pendulum Nightmare is the most dangerous technique in Japan? But, that is not my aim. I am aiming for the GHC Heavy. I came here for that."


NAOMICHI MARUFUJI, MASAAKI MOCHIZUKI & MINORU TANAKA

TANAKA (to Mochizuki): Thank you very much!
MARUFUJI: Thank you seniors.
MOCHIZUKI'S answer does not translate well, but he basically says that he decided on the tag (he also uses the phrase "go to the right", which does not translate into English. The phrase comes from the ancient Imperial Court, and means that the person on the right is better than the others in a greater position. When viewed from the right, the left minister was in a higher position than the right minister).
TANAKA: That's because Maru-san got the information that "Mocizhuki-san wants to enter"
MOCHIZUKI: No, it's funny! Joking aside, its the first victory in Noah that we should commemorate today, which was taken by Katsuhiko Nakajima in the first N-1 match. To be honest, I think have tried various ways to win, I just thought that I had to fight straight with Katsuhiko Nakajima. I don't regret that loss. The first round of the N-1 is commemorated. After all, it is physical. There was a part of me that was thinking that the image of N-1 would stem from that match and so I wrestled with that in mind, so I have no regrets. I will rise from today. In Oita tomorrow is is Hijo de Doctor Wagner Jnr. With "Hijo" and "Jnr"*, I didn't think he would be that big! I won't say that tomorrow's match is going to be easy. There is no choice but to win. A fight to the death (rough as phrase does not translate). Thank you! Marufuji, you have your first match tomorrow?
MARUFUJI: Tomorrow!
MOCHIZUKI: Let's do our best!
MARUFUJI: Yes! See you in the final! I'm the winner of N-1, and I will meet Tanaka in the final!
TANAKA: I'm not in it! (laughs)


KENOH
"Guys in N-1, are you thinking of "just" winning this league? I'M TOTALLY DIFFERENT! Not to mention winning N-1. My goal is...all you assholes know it well? Hey! N-1, victory! The wrestlers who are participating are only thinking of that. MY FEELINGS ARE DIFFERENT. I am more interested in the league, from definitely strong. I will win. Who will be in the main at Sumo Hall? The current champion. He isn't in the league, he has no idea. BUT ITS GOOD! I will win the championship, and make Sumo Hall full. Then I will reveal my next goal. For now, N-1, I will win!

TAKASHI SUGIURA

Q: Looking back on the match with Kitamiya?
SUGIURA: He's strong and young. Each time he fights he tackles, but I won't collapse. I can't lose, but...if you are young, and that is your presence, I don't think I will lose. Yup. It's a good one.
Q: You were victorious in your first N-1 match?
SUGIURA: I said I would establish a lead...but, I am looking beyond that. In N-1, the strongest person will come out, and decide who is the strongest to face the champion for the belt. I am looking forward to it.
Q: Next is the match against Hammerstone in Osaka?
SUGIURA: He seems to be powerful. Well, that kind of opponent is easy for me. Face to face. Did you watch the match in Nagoya? I did. Wasn't it a little stiff? Because it was the first match, I was more relaxed at the time because the power was coming out.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments