(NOAH) POST MATCH PROMOS ~ N-1 VICTORY FINALS (Edion Osaka Arena 1st Stadium, 16th September 2019)

RHYNO

"This is my first fight in Noah. After a career that started with ECW, I have finally come here, and today I was able to show my career itself. Tonight is just the beginning! From now on, I will prove my power even more! It started with Masa! From here, I'm going to smash all the guys in Noah's locker room one after another. I'll destroy everything. Watch what is going to happen. I am full of fighting spirit.
I am going to be Noah's number one. Why? Rhyno is the best!" 


KAZUYUKI FUJITA

Q: What are your thoughts on the match?
FUJITA: Ah? It's the end? This mud boat* will sink. Why should I appear in a place like this? This kind of thing? Hey? Who else is here? Where is The Ark? It's a mud boat in a box form*! 
Q: How do you feel about future participation?
FUJITA: I haven't decided. If you want me, call me anytime! Anytime. I will always do it for you. Damn you guys! Bastards!
Q: Are there any wrestlers you are interested in?
FUJITA: WHO!? NOBODY! No names have come out. NOTHING! Fuck it. What is this? I am not feeling anything. What am I doing? Now, the Bōsō Peninsula* is difficult because of a power outage! My schedule is to come here! Fuck! A fucking ship! Mud boat!

*An easy to sink ship made from mud, it mat also be from a parable about something that is likely to go away soon. 
*Kabuki reference. Kabuki is traditional Japanese theater, in which the stage is very spartan. A box with mud in it was used to represent a pond, lake, rice paddy etc. 
*Kanto region where Fujita apparently lives

ALEX HAMMERSTONE & GO SHIOZAKI

Q: What was your impression of the match?
SHIOZAKI: It is the N-1's A block vs B block. It is not the finals, but there are no more block matches. And Alex Hammerstone. I lost against him in the official match, but next time I will win. Because next to me was a man who I defeat, it made today burn more.
Q: How is Hammerstone as a partner?
SHIOZAKI (laughs): He compares with me. I don't know what to do, he moves his body in an unthinkable way. It has been wonderful for me to experience the best part of overseas wrestlers.
Q: Hammerstone?
HAMMERSTONE: Shiozaki is the first person that I fought in Noah. It is the last tour, and I am happy to be tagging with him. I think the best of A block and B block fought today. We get better. Shiozaki was the perfect partner. Strong and tough.
Q: What is your next target?
HAMMERSTONE: I want to win N-1, and I want the right to challenge. Yes, Kaito. The next time I come to Noah, I will come to win the top, and put another belt* on my shoulder.
Q: Hammerstone still has a debt?
SHIOZAKI: That's right. I'm sorry, I have to win. The debt is for the N-1. Someday the regret that I did not go to the finals will clear up.

*GHC Heavyweight

KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA

Q: AXIZ showdown?
NAKAJIMA: Go Shiozaki, oh...he's strong. As ever, the power he brings is strong. That force, I don't hate it.
Q: Did you feel the strength of your partner again?
NAKAJIMA: Of course. It has been a long time since I have been chopped by an opponent who is my partner.
Q: Do you want to fight again?
NAKAJIMA: Well, when we tag...maybe? I don't know, how about it? If anything whatever you say its unpleasant (laughs), it's more encouraging to work together. It was good to have been able to have worked today in Osaka on the big stage after a long time today.


ATSUSHI KOTOGE

KOTOGE: It hurts...
*Kotoge sits*
Q: Congratulations to the new champion
KOTOGE: Thank you. Anyway, I am glad I won in Osaka.
Q: Was there a fear of the brutality of this match?
KOTOGE: I don't know. It was the mutual attitude of disconnection as we hit. It is too painful...I'm not sure because it hurts. I'm tired...
Q: Prior to the match Harada said, "I want to end this fight with Kotoge", but what about the future?
KOTOGE: That has been said for a long time. Who are you? It's a strange story about who made this card. Well, its because the Osaka customers made this match with their feelings. What is it? It's rude to say this with a lof of interviews and support, but it is a world that only we know. Pro's should never say that they don't want to do it.
Q: Still, it was a great match
KOTOGE (standing up): What should I do? What is a match that you have won, but you are not happy to win? Such a match is not good. It doesn't feel good. After all, we can only express grudges and hate. No good to make a match like that.

THE SUGIURA ARMY (NOSAWA RONGAI, HAJIME OHARA & KAZUHASHI SAKURABA)

NOSAWA: GHC Junior Tag champion Yoshinari Ogawa told Sakuraba "Wouldn't you like to challenge?". Sakuraba and Ohara, can you challenge? Or you can do it 2 on 3?
SAKURABA: 2 on 3
NOSAWA: Yes. Well then we will do it 2 vs 3.
Q: How did the Noah mat feel?
SAKURABA: Everyone was big and high
NOSAWA: No, today everyone was small (laughs) I never thought I could see a drop kick...that's why puro fans are happy.
SAKURABA: It was a bit low
Q: Ohara?
OHARA: Sakuraba has taught hundred and thousands wrestling, and I think I am one of those kids, and so to be standing in the ring with Sakuraba who has taught junior high for 20 years, it is an honor.
Q: Sakuraba was facing Ogawa?
SAKURABA: I wanted to do it some more (contact me). I am curious.
Q: What are your future plans in Noah?
NOSAWA: It's okay, I will call you. I will make an announcement today.


YO-HEY & HAYATA

HAYATA walks in first, YO-HEY follows a few seconds later.

YO-HEY: You defeated me and defended the GHC Junior belt. Usually, your outpouring the joy you have hidden in your heart, I know you don't like interviews, but we are the married couple. I don't think you are a dexterous person, that can be dexterous in that way, and because you don't speak, and I am speaking from the losing side. Champion...this is a lifetime request. Please, fight me again. Take the GHC Junior belt, and fight once again with YO-HEY.
HAYATA (after being quiet for a while): Next...Sumo Hall!

HAYATA leaves

Q: The comment about Sumo Hall?
YO-HEY: Honestly, I am happy, but to beaten up like that I can't say I am proud. The champion is OK for my rematch at Sumo Hall baby, is that why he did it? Really, I will do my best so that I can challenge for the championship once again with confidence, and I want to make this 9cm arm...69cm arm. Thank you very much. 


KEIJI MUTOH, JUN AKIYAMA & KAITO KIYOMIYA

Q: Mr. Mutoh, what is your frank opinion?
MUTOH: It wasn't the first time most of us have met. There was so meeting before the match, and so we went to the ring well. So, everyone, today is Respect for The Aged Day, and I managed it with respect for older people.
AKIYAMA: We communicated?
KIYOMIYA: I took it.
MUTOH: Well, I ignored it. Even so, the two of them put it together in good shape.
Q: Was Taniguchi your target?
AKIYAMA: No. Taniguchi was not my target. Isn't the order reversed?
Q: Kiyomiya, how was it to be a champion in such a great match and among great members?
KIYOMIYA: Really from the start I was thinking of being self centered, but still it was the leading role, and the center is what everyone aims for and will not give up. It was a very exciting game, and others were experienced.
Q: It was a match with strong presences, but what how did Mutoh view Kiyomiya?
MUTOH: Oh, wasn't it good? I feel more energetic just watching him. After all, last week it was All Japan, before that WRESTLE-1, and before that MASTERS here. After all, the rings are different. The ring rope of Noah is very high, it took me a little by surprise, but I think this is just one more experience.
Q: Akiyama, what is your impression?
AKIYAMA: There are a lot more things to do. I think he knows this. Well, what Mutoh and I dod today, has become a plus.
MUTOH: Akiyama, you should try for the belt
AKIYAMA: No, 50
MUTOH: No, professional wrestling has nothing to do with age
KITOMIYA: No, there is no reason to refuse
AKIYAMA: If Noah says that Mutoh will do it, then there is no reason to refuse (laughs)
MUTOH: I am in the middle of rehabilitation
Q: Finally, Kiyomiya is preparing for the big match on November 2nd?
KIYOMIYA: Noah really is the most important this year. Today's experience...I fought next to Mutoh and Akiyama, that is a treasure that will last a lifetime. I would like to make this my own, and show the new scenery.

NAOMICHI MARUFUJI & MASAAKI MOCHIZUKI

Q: What was your impression of the match?
MOCHIZUKI: This was the first showdown with the three of them. Kiyomiya is the current champion, but is a young champion. Akiyama is close to my generation, and Mutoh is a big legend. When the card was announced, I was trembling. But when I got to the ring I thought, "OK, lets do this!". Looking at Mutoh in the ring, he was bigger than I thought. It has been tremendous value just to confront them. 
Q: Your N-1 and other matches have been impressive in Noah.
MOCHIZUKI: Even though I couldn't get to the finals, although it was only a month that has decorated some pages in my 25 year career history. Finally, thank you so much for preparing such a wonderful card.
Q: Marufuji, what are your thoughts?
MARUFUJI: I have fought Akiyama so many times, in other words, I have been doing this since I was a trainee. But, when we collide, it always makes me feel something nostalgic and that always makes me scared of him. Keiji Mutoh, I don't have a comparison. That's right Keiji Mutoh, I have been watching him since I was just a pro wrestling fan. He may be old, he may be injured, but after all Keiji Mutoh is Keiji Mutoh. Next to me is humble Mochi (rest does not translate)...Mutoh may be a big legend, but Mochie is also a legend.
MOCHIZUKI: No, no! Stop it! What makes me be treated as a legend? Doing my best as a wrestler persisting in this present era.
MARUFUJI: Living legend, living legend. Truly, it was encouraging that you wanted to stand next to me today, but I still want to fight Mochi.
MOCHIZUKI: Me too, today built up up. No way did I give up on the N-1, I thought rather than a slump, it was Naomichi Marufuji in four matches. After all, it was always in keeping. Its more than just pushing in for a single with Marufuji. I want to make it happen somewhere, rather than somewhere I can't do it (rough).
Q: What do you think when you hear this statement?
MARUFUJI: Of course. I am fond of Mochi. Well, I don't usually get in touch (laughs).
MOCHIZUKI: That's because I don't give you my contact information (laughs).
MARUFUJI: If you want to meet in the ring, you are intense. I know that standing next to me you are reliable. There have been quite a few people like this in this 20 year career, really, a living legend.
MOCHIZUKI: No, no (laughs)
MARUFUJI: I want to stand in the same ring again
MOCHIZUKI: I think Marufuji is the main course, and if another theme is born, I would like to participate in Noah again. I would like to have Naomichi Marufuji as the last main dish.
MARUFUJI: Thank you. Did you see it (about the previous interview)? Now, was there any story about Kiyomiya? It's more about the other two, especially Jun Akiyama.


KENOH

Q: You finally beat Sugiura?
KENOH: That's true. Of course I am glad that I won the N-1, but hey, I am happier that I defeated and exceeded Sugiura.
Q: Sugiura was tough, and it became an endless fight.
KENOH: That is Takashi Sugiura, right? The man I really wanted to defeat, wasn't it Takashi Sugiura? If he wasn't so strong, then the defeat would have no meaning, but in defeating that incredibly strong Takashi Sugiura, I have one more, and does it make me stronger?
Q: The one win is very big
KENOH: You know the vow I made this year? N-1 championship. The first goal has been cleared. And on 2nd November, Sumo Hall and of course, taking the belt. But that is not all, it will be super full. I am an attractive man, and I will make it happen. Then, like I said in the ring, I will take you where you want to go.
Q: There was the sensation of the calls for Kenoh?
KENOH: Isn't the belief I have been saying all this time been finally transmitted? I'm sure that being a salaryman wrestler, who listens who what the company says thinks it is okay. I think that is true, but hey, that wouldn't make Noah's ring a more brilliant one. So, I will make it that again.
Q: Next is the match with Kiyomiya?
KENOH: Hey, Kiyomiya! You are a wrestler who has been raised by the company. He isn't strong anymore, and you might be strong now, but in a months time I will try my best in a fight to the death to take the belt from you, Be prepared, asshole.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp 

Comments