GHC Champion Kaito Kiyomiya's cervical spine injury is "100% healed. I am confident that I will be completely passive". 2nd November Ryōgoku Kokugikan and sixth defense battle with Kenoh

1st November 2019
Sports Hochi\Yahoo Japan

Pro Wrestling Noah held a public signing ceremony for the GHC Heavyweight Championship (Ryōgoku Kokugikan on 2nd November) at a hotel in Tokyo on the 1st.

Fans attended the signing ceremony of the champion Kaito Kiyomiya (23) and the challenger Kenoh (34).
In Hamamatsu on October 22nd, Kiyomiya had attempted the Tiger Suplex, and was forced into resting for a week caused by an injury from cervical sprain because of Kenoh's diving foot stamp.

At the signing ceremony, Kenoh said to the champion "Hey, Kiyomiya! Have you bounced back? Was your phone broken for a week or so? Anyway, what do you have to say? Is it okay for the parent company LIDET to say "Keep quiet", Kiyomiya, are you okay? Pathetic...for those who wanted you to say something, you were silent. Tomorrow, I am going to beat you again with a diving foot stamp."

Kiyomiya said, "First of all, everyone was worried about the injury to my neck for the past week, but now it is okay. 100% cured. This is the first thing that I wanted to convey to everyone who came today. The neck injury was cured quickly, and I have been able to come here today. At Sumo Hall, I will have the power to defend, and I want to see a new scenery with everyone."
On the other hand, the diving foot stamp that sent Kiyomiya to the hospital, has received criticism towards Kenoh on social media for being "too dangerous".
Kenoh said, "Criticism gathered that it was too dangerous, but this this a pro-wrestling world. Who can become such a topic with a single foot stamp? Only me. This was a professional foot stamp."
The champion said, "I understand that this is technique of Kenoh's which he did in an intense pre-match, but the next time, I am confident that I will be completely passive. No matter how much he does it, and no matter how much my neck is attacked."

Kenta Kobashi (52) was a special witness to the verbal fight between the two and said, "From this match, the first belt in Noah's history will change. Respecting the name and the sense of history of the GHC, I look forward to this GHC match. I will send you cheers."

Link to original article from Hochi Sports\Yahoo Japan
Picture credit: Hochi Sports

Comments