(NOAH) Shuhei Taniguchi "I am the only one who has been taught directly by President Choshu"

18th November 2019
Tokyo Sports

I will carry the Hinomaru*
Noah's awakened Shuhei Taniguchi (43), showed his resolve to progress to take the GHC National Championship, when at the Niigata City Gymnasium on the 26th November, he will challenge the inaugural champion, Takashi Sugiura (49).
In the pre-match tag battle (16th) he took the three counts directly from the champion in the tag battle and gained momentum towards taking the championship.

"I am telling myself that this time, I must make the large flower bloom" Taniguchi says, but there is also another reason that he cannot lose. Like the champion, he is from the Self-Defense Forces, and he has received direct guidance and encouragement from Chairman Riki Choshu (67) from the parent company, "LIDET ENTERTAINMENT."
"Speaking of that championship belt, the Hinomaru design is suitable for me. However, we are the same, I spent mu time in national defense in the SDF with the aim of the Olympics. I will go to the university (Tokuyama), and I will put on the Hinomaru belt instead of you at 50 years old."

Sugiura took the championship at the Sumo Hall event (2nd) and was highly praised by Chairman Riki Choshu. At the same event, Taniguchi was defeated in his first singles match with the Beast Kazuyuki Fujita (49), but he was very still successful. In this fight he was completely awakened, although the result itself was regrettable. "I am the only Noah wrestler, who has been directly taught by President Choshu. I will carry the pride of being the chosen one to the title match. I want to report to the Chairman with a smile and the belt."
Carrying the cross for his first single championship, he gives up the nickname "The person with incomplete talent."

*Either means the red circle representing the sun on the Japanese flag, or the Japanese flag itself.

Link to original article from Tokyo Sports
Picture credit: Tokyo Sports

Comments