(NOAH) "I asked people close to Chikara Momota about countermeasures, but it didn't help me at all..." Kenoh's fight with Rikidozan's grandson, Chikara, 27th December Sugiura Army produce.

Sports Hochi\Yahoo Japan
18th December 2019

On the 18th December, Kenoh, the leader of Pro Wrestling Noah's rebel unit "Kongoh", updated his Twitter.

On the 27th December at the Sugiura Army's produce, "All Dogs Gather! Bark at Korakuen!", the grandson of Rikidozan, the father of Japanese pro-wrestling, and the son of Rikidozan's second son, Mitsuo Momota (who was one of the founding members of Noah), will compete in the first match.
Swearing to finish the match in a second, Kenoh wrote, "I asked people close to Chikara Momota about a counterplan, but it didn't help me at all...okay, lets end the match right away."

In the main event of Kongoh's produce "Diamond" at ShinKiba 1st Ring on the 14th, Kenoh, Masa Kitamiya and Yoshiki Inamura teamed up together in a six man tag in a showdown with GHC Heavyweight champion, Kaito Kiyomiya, National Champion Takashi Sugiura and GHC Heavyweight champion, Go Shiozaki.
The match was won by Sugiura with the Olympic Qualifying Slam on Yoshiki Inamura, afterwards, Sugiura made an offer of participation on the 27th December, "I will arrange an appropriate opponent, especially since I have a superstar for Kenoh. I will make the match before the main event, so look forward to it."

Kenoh agreed to the offer. "Have you prepared a superstar for the Sugiura Army produce? I am going to enjoy this. Important person? There are some people who I can think of...I am looking forward to it."
However, when the lid was opened, he found himself in the opening match against Chikara.

After the match had been arranged, Chikara said on his Twitter, "I failed an inductory test sixteen years ago, and I cried bitter tears. It has been a long long journey, but I have finally arrived here. Moreover, it is truly an honor and a pleasure to have a singles match with Kenoh."

Kenoh retweeted immediately and said, "I am very disappointed. When I heard it was a superstar, I thought it was going to be the wrestler who I have wanted to fight for several months. I am very disappointed it is Chikara Momota. The match will end soon."
However, Chikara posted on Twitter, "I know Kenoh's strength. That is why, the stronger your opponent, the more you do not hold back, the more your fighting spirit will burn! If Kenoh intends to crush me, I will fight him with all my strength. I am looking forward to it."
While he burned with fighting spirit, Kenoh re-tweeted with, "I am honored to know that, but I am going to end the match before Chikara Momota's fighting spirit bursts into flames. I kindly thank you."

Link to original article from Yahoo Japan
Picture credit: Yahoo Japan

Comments