(NOAH) "It has been a long road, but it has been good to persist" Rikidozan's grandson reports participation in Noah in front of the grave of his grandfather on the anniversary of his death.


Hochi News
15th December 2019

Chikhara (38), the grandson of Rikidozan, visited Ikegami Honmon-ji Temple in Tokyo for the Buddhist Memorial Service marking 56 years since his death. On the 27th December he will participate for the first time in Pro Wrestling Noah, at the Sugiura Army produce, "All Dogs gather! Bark at Korakuen".

For Chikhara, his father Mitsuo Momota (71), worked hard to raise Noah, and this is a long awaited stage. He took the introductory test sixteen years ago, but failed to reach the prescribed 500 Hindu Squats, and so failed.
After this he debuted at the age of 42 in December 2013, and has participated so far in various organizations such as All Japan, he will finally come to Noah for the Sugiura Army produce.  "It has been a long path, but thanks to various promotions, I am able to join Noah for the first time. I am glad I have worked so hard."

The match will be against Kenoh (34), the leader of the rebel unit "Kongoh", who has swept the Noah mat. His opponent presents high hurdles.
"Kenoh has a strong attack, but I want to get up and stand, no matter what. I want to fight with my force of will."

Today he reported his participation in Noah in front of his grandfathers grave. "I am someone who is not young, and I have no particular talent, but I am someone who has worked hard. I want to call out a strong impression" he said enthusiastically, testifying to serious participation in Noah with Kenoh as a step. Furthermore, "I want to have a match with Go Shiozaki someday. Like Kobashi and Kensuke, I want to have a match that tears the chest*"
(*i.e. full of chops)

Link to original article from Hochi News
Picture credit: Hochi News

Comments