(NOAH) Kenoh's revelation for a turbulent 2019, "It was definitely me who moved Noah, in a different way from the person who can only go on the rails laid by the company"

31st December 2019
Hochi News

The most intense movement in Pro Wrestling this year, came from Pro Wrestling Noah.
The promotion that Misawa founded in August 2000, changed its parent company to "LIDET ENTERTAINMENT" in March, which redid the promotions colors and logo under the banner, "Leaving Misawa".
Big matches were held at the Edion Arena Osaka No.1 Stadium in September, and at Sumo Hall in November. Above all, it was Kenoh (34), who formed the rebel group "Kongoh" who shook the ring.

At the Korakuen Hall event on January 6th, the first match of 2019, he was defeated by Kaito Kiyomiya for the GHC Heavyweight title, and forcibly demoted to the opening matches. In April, the tag with Kiyomiya came to an end during "Global Tag League" in April.
At Korakuen Hall on May 4th, he formed "Kongoh" with Masa Kitamiya and Yoshiki Inamura, which created various ripples inside and outside of the ring.

We conducted an exclusive interview with Kenoh for "WEB NEWS", about the 2019 in which he moved violently, and the promises he has pledged for 2020. Kenoh's true thoughts will be serialized for two consecutive days from the 1st day of the New Year. The 31st December issue is about "Harvest and Regret".

Looking back on 2019, Kenoh muttered "It was year with things left behind, because I could not get the GHC Heavyweight belt at Sumo Hall. I was put in the first match when Noah became LIDET in March, but I was able on my own accord, to stand in the big main event of the year by myself. What I had piled up to that point was a good feeling, but in the last episode, episode 12*, of the drama, there is a regret that I couldn't make a happy ending."

The regret for not being able to take the GHC Championship of Kiyomiya, which was the biggest match for the new system at Sumo Hall 11th December, is still smouldering.

"However, if I forget this regret, I will not be able to link it. I have had this regret since Sumo Hall. If I don't continue that for next year, then it will be carried through to the next. This is carried with me all the time."

He ascended to Noah's highest peak, and took the GHC Heavyweight in December 2017. Although he failed to recapture it on the highest stage, he says "I am proud that when LIDET changed Noah and it became a new system, I was the one who caused the uproar. Looking back on this year, there has been a great deal of crackdown and power harassment by the parent company, but it was definitely me who moved Noah. Kiyomiya is certainly a champion, but it was me that made him shine more. The Sugiura Army were the one who coined the phrase this year, "Company Dog", but I was the one who gave it to those guys. Everything revolved around me."
He is the axis of the movement on the Noah mat.

There is, however at the core, a sure result.
Kenoh explained the meaning of forming Kongoh.

"This year I lost in the first attempt, and from there I fell into the opening match, and I was frustrated. Then Noah's system changed, and I really felt it was going to. At that time I understood what Kiyomiya was saying, and agreed with Kiyomiya to make it shine even brighter, as I thought I could make it shine. However, a month after the tag was formed, I knew that Kuyomiya was someone who did what the company told him. Then I knew how to make Noah brighter, I have that now."

After the formation of Kongoh, in the ring he said "I won't follow LIDET", but what is the meaning of this?

"LIDET has pluses, but also absolute minuses. When holes start appearing, Noah will certainly be crushed. I want to say what the Sugiura Army uses it, but if you become a "Company Dog", and the company thinks this way, then you won't even notice it. I was worried about that, so I took an easy-to-understand action to change Noah in a better way."
A sense of danger to Noah, and a passion for change, is what flows at the source of Kongoh.

"Looking at the current professional wrestling world, I think there is a tendency to toe the company line. In this kind of situation, there are only a few wrestlers who act on what they think, and when it comes time to change something, you can't have a strong belief and a strong feeling. The name Kongoh is symbolic for a strong heart. We will always stand against something."

At Korakuen Hall on the 4th May, when the name of the unit "Kongoh" was announced, there was laughter from the audience.

"The name might not suit everyone, its usually cool to have it in English or something, so I know how the assholes would react. That is why I shouted it on purpose, because on the contrary there is an impact, and that is why its easy for those fuckers to remember. Also, if you stand up to something it will catch those fuckers hearts, if you go without losing focus, you will gain. The hurdles are high because we are not protected by LIDET. It's completely different from Kiyomiya or The Sugiura Army, or the people who can only travel on the rails laid down by the company. It's tough riding on unpaved roads, but this year I grew by doing that."

In the ring, he got a solid response, but outside of it, he has made a big ripple.
First on the list is anger towards Kiyoshi Tamura, who has been active in UWF International and RINGS, and is currently an outside director of LIDET.
It started when Tamura, who watched 2nd November Sumo Hall event, critized Kenoh in his match account. Kenoh exploded with anger, and provoked Tamura in the ring, "Please fight me, seriously!". Kenoh called him out, "waiting for a response", but Tamura took no action at the time.
In the first place, it should have been possible to turn a deaf ear to an account that was not in an expect magazine.
However, Kenoh was not silent. What was the meaning?

"It would be the case for other wrestlers. But I am Kenoh, that is the motivation that bites him." An opponent, which sinks his teeth in, but yet does nothing is bad. On the contrary, isn't it more natural to buy a fight (rough)? But he is just running away; I guess its different from the time of the old UWF International. So, I want to say to him this. It has been a good year for you too. If you start a fight with me, don't let go, come on. What did you mean by that statement? You remarked on a pro-wrestler, but I am the one who is selling the fight. You are an outside director of LIDET. Then tell it to Noah. Just focusing on one person doesn't work. It's your job to return and sell a fight."
Kenoh spat this out, but there has been no reaction from Tamura.

Kenoh smiled fearlessly and said, "If he does not respond, lets do more."
What is more than that?
"It is interesting for you to say that".

Keep an eye on Kenoh in 2020.

Link to original article from Hochi News
Picture credit: Hochi News

*He means December

Comments