(NOAH) Pro Wrestling Awards: "Deeply touched" GHC Champion Kaito Kiyomiya wins Fighting Spirit

11th December 2019
Tokyo Sports

Tokyo Sports Newspaper, (who marks its 46th year) held the "2019 Pro Wrestling Grand Prix Selection Committee" in Tokyo on the 10th, with Kaito Kiyomiya (23) winning for the second consecutive year.
The young ace had made six championship defenses, as the young ace of the newborn Noah, and has proved the arrival of a new era by rejecting the challenge of major heavyweights such as Naomichi Marufuji, Takashi Sugiura, Kenoh, Masa Kitamiya and Katsuhiko Nakajima.

The selection committee stated, "Not only are new fans enthusiastic, there is a strong pull from Mitsuharu Misawa and Toshiaki Kawada which is a natural taste to entertain the older fans". He won the final vote over New Japan's Takagi Shingo with the difference of only two votes.

Kiyomiya, who heard the good news before the Morioka, Iwate event said, "I am deeply touched. I am not mistaken in what I have done. I want to play a more active role in the world of Professional Wrestling in 2020".
Furthermore, he smiled and said "Although the company has made a policy of "Leaving Misawa", I think that the inheritance of culture is a natural process. I have never been trained directly by either Misawa or Kawada, but I guess my body has expressed itself, and I am honored".

He is waiting for the match on January 4th, which will be the 7th championship defense, which will be made against the GHC Tag Champion, Go Shiozaki.
Vowing to make rapid progress, Kiyomiya said "I am aiming for a new scenery because of these three awards, I am aiming further (MVP, Best Bout)"

Link to original article from Tokyo Sports
Picture credit: Tokyo Sports. 

Comments