(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS ~ Global Junior League 2020. Edion Arena Osaka Stadium 2, Osaka, January 25th

 

DAISUKE HARADA

Q: You have broken through Chris Ridgeway's onslaught in a hard round, to go through the block.
HARADA: It was hard...the hardest, but I really want to win this year. Its no good if I lose. So, whatever hand is played it is for the win, and the victory was good.
Q: As a result you have entered the final tournament without defeat?
HARADA: Being undefeated is not such an exciting result. Next, I am going to watch Ohara and YO-HEY and see who I am going to fight...and "Global Junior League 2020" will be Daisuke Haradas...Daisuke Harada will win!


HAJIME OHARA
"C block, somehow...may it was out of desperation, but I was able to crawl up. Breakthrough! I beat YO-HEY of RATELS, and Kotoge of STINGER. As I've been saying since last year, it's been RATELS and STINGER fighting each other, and I have to break this pattern soon. Who is there in the Sugiura Army? Who are their Noah juniors? NOSAWA Rongai, Ohara and most recently Dick Togo, but aside from Hajime Ohara, none of them belong to Noah. So I have to do it. For myself, this will be the last tournament as a High School Student, and I want to make a good report back to them with the win. For me then, this is like the most final Koshien* In order to deliver Noah outside the village of professional wrestling, and in order to deliver professional wrestling, the outcome is the championship and I want to make Noah more and more Mui Bien. I will fight Harada at Korakuen Hall after a long while. Everyone, please look forward to it. No matter who comes, I will leave a Mui Bien result. So today is Mui Bien!"

*Koshien is a national nationwide High School baseball tournament which is held in the summer.


YOSHINARI OGAWA

Q: You have broken through the block?
OGAWA: That's right...it's the first time I have had a match with the same opponent in such a short time, and I thought I would work on the head. I can't attack in the same way.
Q: Did you feel that HAYATA had researched?
OGAWA: What about it? If I had attacked in the same way (4th January Korakuen), then the match would have been the same, wouldn't that have been the case?
Q: You have a result in the official matches of two wins and one draw?
OGAWA: It would have been better without NOSAWA (double count out), but it ended well, and I did extra...
Q: Unless there are two remaining wins, you can't?
OGAWA: Yes. I'll do my best (laughs).
Q: In the semi-finals you will meet either Kotaro or Dick Togo, who do you want to fight?
OGAWA: Either way, yeah. If I have the belt then I want Kotaro, it doesn't matter, I can always nominate him. The best part is for him to win and come up. I want to win the finals if possible, it has been a long time...I want to have a match, its been over ten years.


DICK TOGO
(Falls on the floor in the interview area)

*Gasping*...Noah junior! You're too powerful! I don't have such power! Listen! Ogawa! Your "greeting" was great! At Korakuen, I will greet you just as politely after I'm done. You just wait!*

*Actual phrase used was "wash your neck". This is a phrase which means that you can expect a quarrel or a fight, and comes from the days when Samurai were ordered to commit suicide, he would ritually bathe beforehand. However, as this phrase has no equivalent meaning in English, I have changed it to a similar meaning.


GO SHIOZAKI (AND KAITO KIYOMIYA)

Q: The great fivesome got the victory?
SHIOZAKI: Yes, all the members of Kongoh, and all the members of Noah. They are members that I usually fight with, but after all, they are members who each can show individually the heart and the strength of Noah.
Q: After the match there was an impression of restraint, even when the five of you where declared to have won? (rough)
SHIOZAKI: Yes. Naomichi Marufuji has a tag belt, Kotoge has the junior tag belt. When we tag together, we can give each other good stimuli, while being aware of each other. It was such members, and I guess that everyone had the desire not to lose while taking sides against our opponents.
Q: At the next Korakuen, you will meet the Sugiura Army?
SHIOZAKI: The Sugiura Army are a strong contrast, they have a lot of talented wrestlers, but I have the belt, and I will protect Noah. I am confident in these words, make no mistake. I will fight as someone with Noah's pride with this belt, even against The Sugiura Army.
Q: This is your first tour as champion?
SHIOZAKI: 2020 is a milestone as its Noah's 20th anniversary. I think we have gotten off to a good start, and more than anything else, Noah can work harder and grow bigger with the encouragement of everyone from all over the world.
Q: Did your rising last year lead to a better response to results?
SHIOZAKI: Yes, but that was Noah in 2020. we will make Noah in 2020 even better, stronger, and powerful. We will connect this to everyone's thoughts.

KAITO KIYOMIYA
"I LOVE NOAH! I will continue to create a "new scenery", and if anyone tries to get in my way, no matter who it is, they will be absorbed into my "new scenery". I don't care whether you are a champion or not, my feelings will not change. Even if I am no longer the champion, I will not simply disappear! So, now that the new scenery is being built, and if anyone thinks they are going to prevent it, I will absorb them into it!"

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments