(NOAH\DDT) Marufuji reluctantly accepts single match with Hirata

14th January 2020
Yahoo.co.jp

DDT held a meeting at the Ochanomizu dojo in Tokyo on the 14th, ahead of their clash in the special single match called, "The special singles match, for Marufuji to remember his name" (Note, Hirata's name). Although both Naomichi Marufuji "Noah's Genius" (40) and Kazuki Hirata (32) both attended, they did not engage and it ended in an unproductive dispute.

Marufuji joined DIASTERBOX, to which Hirata belongs, on the 3rd. He exchanged a handshake with the double champion, HARASHIMA and with Toru Owashi, but completely ignored Hirata.
Or rather, he didn't know who he was at all.

After this, at Owashi's discretion, a unique single match has been made for "Marufuji to remember his name". However, even at the meeting he said, "He was never here when I went to DDT before. I don't remember him".
Hirata said "We had a drink at Shinjuku 2-chome and took a commemorative photo!"
Marufuji dismissively said, "Oh yeah, I took a picture with Takagi-san and Iino-kun, when we drank at 2-chome, and I saw someone in the background. If I remember you name and face, we don't have to have a singles match, right? I want to face a different wrestler."
Hirata proposed halving the percentage of hand sold tickets, but there was no way that the company could reveal such confidential figures to the public. He could not deny the feeling that he was further more digging a grave for himself.
Finally, accepting the match Marufuji said, "I understand. I will let you go." Marufuji then took Hirata's important kazuki glasses, snapped them and said "thank you for your good work", and after taking a picture, left.
Hirata, embracing the debris of his beloved glasses, said "Now that it has come to this, I will engrave my name. I will make you regret what you did to my glasses!" (rough).

It is hard to imagine the outcome, but it is worth noting how far Hirata can show his will.

Link to original article 
Picture credit: Yahoo.co.jp

Comments