(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS "HIGHER GROUND 2020" Night 4 ~ Korakuen Hall, Tokyo ~ Sunday February 16th.




DAISUKE SEKIMOTO AND RYUICHI KAWAKAMI

SEKIMOTO: Kawakami, are you all right?
KAWAKAMI: Yes
SEKIMOTO: Okay
KAWAKAMI: Hey, I came to Noah to sample Inamura, but it's just not been today! Same block? That's a big deal. Inamura, it's a big deal. It's going to be the same with you next time. There are a lot of big strong guys. Don't fuck with me!
SEKIMOTO: Inamura, isn't interesting, but I thought it was amusing. Please write that down.


KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA

Q: What was your impression of the match?
NAKAJIMA: A good match as an alternative to Go, right? It was me instead. Ask Hideki Suzuki if it was a good match.
Q: Where there any parts of Suzuki's remarks that couldn't be settled?
NAKAJIMA: Isn't that natural? Was it finished properly? Did you see? Do you understand? My love? Okay, which one, which do you understand?
Q: Okay...
NAKAJIMA: Hey!
Q: There is still the fact that the match could not be finished in 30 minutes?
NAKAJIMA: Yeah well, that is not good.
Q: Will there be a pause now in Suzuki?
NAKAJIMA: I'm sorry, but being self indulgent I would listen to it one last time. Nevertheless, doing it once more is crazy? But I don't have another request, so its full of love.
Q: Did you feel his ability?
NAKAJIMA: Solid, each shot is heavy
Q: Was it more than you thought?
NAKAJIMA: I think that is the case, especially after meeting in tag several times. I was impressed by the shine or something. Don't make me answer seriously.

HIDEKI SUZUKI

Q: It ended in a 30 minute draw, how was the singles match against Nakajima?
SUZUKI: 60 minutes of AXIZ in total. The tag of course is very strong as they have been holding the belts since I arrived. Even in singles, Go Shiozaki is strong, and partner Katsuhiko Nakajima is strong too. Well, the result is the same, but the result is not everything.
Q: You said you felt tough and strong when fighting Shiozaki, but what about this time?
SUZUKI: At that size, my attack of course is recieved completely. He's passive, isn't he? Sometimes, because he's smaller, I take away the passivity. The tombstone was slightly off, and the angle of the dragon was slightly inadequate. As for the double arm, I shouldn't have taken off that bit.
Q: Will there be any more to this battle>?
SUZUKI: As long as I am here, he is here, and so it can't be avoided...but having said that, currently we are not on the cards together. I wonder if it would be necessary to make a match again. I wonder if we can take mutual responsibility, but ultimately I think it is the voice of the customers. There are still many strong wrestlers in the professional wrestling world, including Noah and other promotions, that I do not know. I get the same feeling from Katsuhiko Nakajima as he is very strong. Probably selfish, right? It's bad, and it's not just the damage (face kick gesture) getting angry. Well, I'm not much different. I'm not saying its because I didn't win, I'm just frustrated with the same attitude. Just like at Kawasaki.
Q: The cheers were great, and the content was good?
SUZUKI: I can't ask for cheers; if you don't win, you are not worth it, and I didn't lose today so its not 0%, 50% is me. I defended, and not only that, I attacked until the end. But that strength, he was kicking for a long time.
Q: Did you feel the badness of his personality?
SUZUKI: You know that, right? I sense the same stench, so there is no regret in straying from AXIZ. I think that is what has to be considered.


DAISUKE HARADA

Q: I was worried about HAYATA'S situation, but you were able to win
HARADA: We won, but we were in a very difficult situation. We won't end it there, ever. Belt and Belts!

STINGER (Yoshinari Ogawa, Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Kotoge)

Q: You lost the match?
KOTOGE: No, if they think they have some kind of challenge qualification, then isn't that a big mistake? I don't think that since half of the matches don't end that way, and we would just go for the most recent like that.
KOTARO: I wonder if a physical condition like that can do it anyway?*
KOTOGE: If you come out in such a condition, will it be like today?
Q: Ogawa, you were attacked by Harada?
HARADA: I don't remember that.
Q: Are you not willing to take the challenge?
OGAWA: No, this is an overwhelming trend, what do you think?
KOTOGE: No, I guess not
KOTARO: There is worry about HAYATA'S state of health*. It's not good to have a match under such circumstances. I won't do it.

*HAYATA has a rib injury and has had to be taken out of two matches early by Tadasuke.


KAZUYUKI FUJITA
"This guy is ruining the belt. That's why he lost to me. Over and over, I have defeated the champion. Do you know why? Hey, this promotion keeps the belt safe properly. What? Take care of your belt. That is all from me. That's it. Take care of your belt.

TAKASHI SUGIURA

Q: Was this a pre-match with Kiyomiya?
SUGIURA: What is it? I don't feel so scared that I can't look him in the eyes. I don't know if he was scared, but his eyes were moving from side to side when he faced me.
Q: Do you feel the momentum as a challenger?
SUGIURA: I want more, like Shiozaki and Fujita. The challenger Fujita has momentum. Come at me like that.
Q: How was your tag with Fujita?
SUGIURA: There wasn't much interaction, but he's strong. It's a peace of mind to be next to him, I'm not used to it in Noah's ring.
Q: Is it a problem that the youngest challenger amongst the four of you has the least momentum?
SUGIURA: That's a problem. I need to be the best. The old man is in good health. More and more. More like a champion now
Q: With the belt gone you become more free, I'm getting the reverse
SUGIURA: Maybe so, but today Fujita and I were right in front of you, isn't it overwhelming?

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments