(NOAH) POST MATCH PROMOS ~ "PRO WRESTLING NOAH 20th ANNIVERSARY NOAH the CHRONICLE vol.1", Nagoya International Convention Center Event Hall, 24th February 2020

JUNTA MIYAWAKI

"March 8th! Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium! Fight against All Japan Pro Wrestling! Ishikawa, Suwama and Okada! The only junior is Okada, similar careers, I will bring Noah's pro wrestling against Okada who is so similar, and win! And the winner of the match will not be Taniguchi, Nakajima, Ishikawa or SUWAMA of All Japan! It will be Noah's Junta Miyawaki who will win!"

KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA

Q: You had a singles match with Inamura?
NAKAJIMA: Yoshiki Inamura...yup. Noah's "diamond in the rough". No more than that.
Q: Following Yokohama Bunka Gym, you will face All Japan.
NAKAJIMA: Yeah! I guess even in Yokohama it's going to be the same as today, but why? There is lots of work. But I am kind. I will make you feel Katsuhiko Nakajima in the confines of this appointed card. I am looking forward to All Japan in Yokohama
Q: It has been a long time since you were with SUWAMA, what are your thoughts?
NAKAJIMA: I don't have any. It's just synchronous, we both debuted in 2004. You don't need a match to grow used to fighting someone, and that is the reason for Noah's big event. I don't want this, but it's fun! I will entertain you, but what if unexpectedly, I can't work (laughs).
Q: Will you wrap all Japan in love?
NAKAJIMA: I don't know, I haven't come into contact with All Japan recently (laughs). But for Noah, its a reason for a big event right? Do I do this big event or not...say YES or NO...YES. I'm looking forward to it.


NAOMICHI MARUFUJI & MASAAKI MOCHIZUKI

MOCHI: What about Tanaka?
MARUFUJI: Tanaka...
MOCHI: Maybe he has business? (laughs) Well, its the intermission after a double header*
MARUFUJI: It's a change
MOCHI: You went first, and you seem fine. Well, today DRAGONGATE is in Kobe, and the GHC tag has been arranged for Korakuen on March 5th, and today I rushed to Marufuji's return match. Today, I personally wanted to get involved with Sakuraba, but today was Sakuraba and Marufuji...the first showdown?
MARUFUJI: First showdown
MOCHI: There, that's it. The return! Well, I won the last with Marufuji's assistance.
MARUFUJI: Really, I am 1 and Mochi is something like 9 today...1 is a good, results will be born. There is the title match at DragonGate...
MOCHIZ: But, in the next defense, I want to show the fans that Marufuji will get the win! I want you to show the Shiranui! Right? I don't know, but I would like you to do your best to win it that way, thank you.
Q: How as your knee?
MARUFUJI: How was it? As you can see...was it no good?
Q: It hasn't had an impact so far?
MOCHI: But you said it yourself.
MARUFUJI: I was just kidding when I was asked
MOCHI: I don't get either meaning (rough)
MARUFUJI: It's much better than it was before surgery. Personally, I was really worried during the match, and its good now not to do that. I had some metal during surgery put on my knee, so now my knees are even more...
MOCHI: That is awesome for the Tiger King! Doubled single kick! I guess that is probably true, but the next opponent is big one, so it may be hard to set it to him, but if the knee is used it's going to be a one blow KO. Anyway, do your best.
Q: At Noah's Yokohama Bunka Gym event, I don't know if we will see another face of Marufuji or of it is a friend, but the inhabitant of Hell called "Ma-ryū Fushi" ("Magical Immortality") will descend?
MARUFUJI: I got some advice from Kabuki in the waiting room today
MOCHI: I know I am an opponent, but what was that?
MARUFUJI: I will tell you Moch-san
MOCHI: I don't think it is going to be Marufuji, but when that happens only three days before the defense battle, such issues as ties emerge. I think it will be okay.
MARUFUJI: This is a true story; the Marufuji family is made up of four brothers, but there was another one as my parents once told me. Not my younger brother, but an older one. Well, That's it. 

*Minoru Tanaka wrestled five matches in seven days, after today's event he wrestled for Ice Ribbon at Korakuen in the morning, and then took the Bullet Train to Nagoya for Noah.

THE SUGIURA ARMY (SAKURABA & NOSAWA RONGAI)

SAKURABA: It hurts
NOSAWA: I guess after a while, it is intense again with Maru-chan
SAKURABA: It was only a bit out of the ring, it was like saying "who can compete with me drinking Oolong High" (rough)
NOSAWA: Is that right? (laughs)
SAKURABA: Therefore it hurt to have a chop battle like choosing Oolong High in a drinking contest! The chop battle was painful...it really hurt. Shit. I wanted more knees.
NOSAWA: It is going to be interesting, we hope to have more matches against Mochizuki & Marufuji in the future, by all means make a match.
SAKURABA: Next time, I will aim for the knee more.
NOSAWA: What should I do about a tag challenge? Tag challenge...
Q: How did you square up to Marufuji?
SAKURABA: It hurts. It hurts. It just hurts.

*Sometimes called "the old man's drink", is a kind of cocktail, basically it is an alcoholic beverage made by mixing spirits such as shochu with oolong tea


AKITOSHI SAITO

SAITO: 30 years has gone by without noticing in a flash, but the key here is that this is the place where both the Heisei Ishingun and Anti-Wrestlers Alliance were born. So, I am really happy that I launched the Anti-Wrestlers Alliance here, and I am really happy to have the 30th anniversary here with the initial members from that time. I have been with Noah for 20 years, perhaps I entered a few months late, and there have been various things, but I am really grateful for the 30th anniversary to be here. I am grateful to everyone today, and the wrestlers too, even though this is the Anti-Wrestlers. Also, at this time, I would like to thank all the customers who gathered there because they still wanted to see Noah. Thank you very much. But, there will be some people at this milestone who are wondering, "Maybe this is Saito's retirement?". Some people may have thought that, but from here I am going to bring out what I have refrained from. After 30 years I am still showing my spirit and showing everyone around the world that "I can do it. I can do it." If everyone feels it, that is my reward for professional wrestling I think.
Q: Kabuki also participated along with Koshinaka and Director Aoyagi. How was it to team again with them?
SAITO: It was a team that formed in the past, but a team that was long lived. Relationships have never been strained. There is real cooperation, in other words they will let you do what you want, and will wait. Kabuki, the teacher, too he said he will "shake the nunchucks". I am really grateful to him for not only the nunchucks, but also the mist used in the match*. I say its my 30th anniversary, but most seniors have reached further than that (laughs), it's not much compared to them. Although there have been times when I wanted to fade a little, I really want to learn from the seniors and work harder.

*He runs a karate or martial arts school, and his honorific title is often used. Kenoh is also one of the vice Presidents or co-directors of a Nippon Kempo school, but his title is not used in Noah (although some fans do use it).
*Its hard to see, but Kabuki blows it on Nioh when he is on the ring post, and this enables Saito to get the win.


RATELS (Daisuke Harada, HAYATA & YO-HEY)

HARADA: I took the pin from Yoshinari Ogawa. Is it decided with this? On March 8th in Yokohama, I will take back the GHC Junior belt from him.
Q: How was teaming with HAYATA?
YO-HEY: As you can see...as you see on HAYATA. Look. Here is the right nipple. There is the left nipple here too. Blah blah blah, what more can you say? Are you a humanoid?
HARADA: Alright, okay, we were attacked in the match, but in the end we won. That is the proof of it all, and I took a tight one, two, three, and I made Yoshinari Ogawa sprawl after a large German suplex.
YO-HEY: HAYATA made Kotaro Suzuki sprawl after the Headache...I did the same to Atsushi Kotoge with a large Face G. Isn't that enough already? Hey? Hey? Hey?
Q: What are your thoughts on the belt?
HARADA: The GHC Junior is a belt with a great history. Noah celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and the GHC Junior belt has a similar history. It is a belt that many wrestlers have worn, and many have wanted to wear. It is a belt with a great history, which I want to treasure. In Shimada recently I said that I would put the IPW belt up, but I am retracting that. After all, I cannot make light of the belt. Mixing that belt with something else, well, it's a bit...I reflected on that afterwards, and I didn't think it was a good thing to do, and I felt remorseful. I don't care about the IPW belt (Harada puts it on the floor). Yoshinari Ogawa may have something to say about it, but I want to cherish the GHC Junior belt, which has a long history, which is why I want Yokohama to be about one championship, and I want to concentrate on that one. When Yokohama is over, all of the GHC belts will come to us. After Yokohama, I want RATELS to finish at the top of the Noah Jnrs again. That's it. Thank you.
(Harada picks up the IPW belt before he leaves)

STINGER (Yoshinari Ogawa, Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Kotoge)

Q: A remark on RATELS?
OGAWA: No, I never said that I wouldn't accept the challenge unlike these guys (Kotaro and Kotoge). There will be a double title match in Yokohama, and I will win and take both belts.
KOTARO: If you are ready to do it, then I guess it can't be helped as I will be prepared to do it also. I'll make them cry in Yokohama.
KOTOGE: Just like Kotaro said. I don't know, HAYATA, he's truly destroyed. I'm sorry to rob him of his career.
Q: HAYATA had accepted belt for belt, but he pulled out and narrowed it down to just the GHC Junior.
OGAWA: Withdrawing? Be a man! You agreed to it, don't run from it!


THE SUGIURA ARMY (HIDEKI SUZUKI & KAZUYUKI FUJITA)

FUJITA: I have nothing to say
SUZUKI: You have a title match, right?
FUJITA: Take his belt (rough)
SUZUKI: You can take it, but today was the last day, right?
FUJITA: MARCH 8TH. YOKOHAMA! I WILL GET THE BELT! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?

FUJITA leaves

SUZUKI: It's not good to attack when the match has ended. It's sly. It's sneaky.

GO SHIOZAKI

Q: Today was the last pre-match with Fujita?
SHIOZAKI: As I said before, I fought with Kazuyuki Fujita in the pre-matches as title matches. As I said before, he is the strongest enemy. There has never been any opponent like him. The match is with the GHC belt on the 8th March in Yokohama Cultural Gym.
Q: You will bring down the strongest opponent?
SHIOZAKI: Two lariats, and he still does not fall. Is he still such an opponent? An opponent that I have never had before. That is why it is worth fighting for the GHC belt. I won't hand it to anyone.
Q: Is there anything left to say?
SHIOZAKI: What is left? Only "Do or Die". That's it.


TAKASHI SUGIURA

Q: Successful title defense?
SUGIURA: Kiyomiya had the belt for a year, it was very different. He held it for a year after he robbed it from me, and I wonder if he went up one stage as a wrestler in that one time. Something has changed.
Q: Did you feel you fought as equals today?
SUGIURA: Yeah. He's not an ordinary youngster anymore. Anyway, he worked hard for a year, and he has changed. He did well, right? I defend at a faster pace than Shiozaki, and I just did a title match. I am going to All Japan's Champion Carnival, so even if the All Japan guys think that a fight is coming, I can't do anything else. What should I do? It can be anyone (rough).

MINORU TANAKA walks in

TANAKA: Sugiura-san, I'm interested in the red belt. You say that it is openweight, would you take my challenge?
SUGIURA: It's funny, I was just thinking of this. I have done it now three times with a heavyweight, and I wanted to show a slightly different form. I was thinking of this. By all means, anywhere.
TANAKA: Please
SUGIURA: Let's do it

*They shake hands, Minoru bows and leaves*

SUGIURA: I thought a heavyweight was coming. I'm looking forward to a slightly different opponent.
Q: What is your impression of Minoru?
SUGIURA: I guess its good. He's young, in his 40s, and his condition is good.
Q: Then it has been decided?
SUGIURA: I'm fine, the rest is just up to the company and what they say. I'll just wait for them to announce it. Why not? Something different is good, right? Let me see the difference. I think it sounds good with this belt.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments