"A challenger with an injured leg, to be honest I think that's foolish" Champion Katsuhiko Nakajima complains about W-1 suspending activity

29th February 2020
Yahoo.co.jp

A press conference was held on February 29th, regarding the WRESTLE-1 Ota Gymnasium event to be held on March 15th. Immediately before the conference, the indefinite suspension of WRESTLE-1 was announced, to with Katsuhiko Nakajima, the W-1 champion who has been challenged by Kaz Hayashi at the main event, grinning and saying "What are you talking about?"

About Kaz being missing due to the rupture of biceps femoris muscle he said, "Are you going to face me in that state? To be honest, I think that is foolish. Do you really intend to beat me, and get the belt back in that state...you won't get it back. Since the next challenger is injured, has anyone else from WRESTLE-ONE come forward? Is there only him and no one else? If you are not ready, don't come to the ring. Next, if there is no one else, I am looking forward to the result of a perfect champion vs a challenger."
Nakajima then laughed loudly.

Kaz, who heard this said, "I think he has become a very rude athlete. I don't think you are the same person I fought about 13 years ago in the same Ota Ward Gymnasium. You are another person. Even so, I can still see something like the Katsuhiko Nakajima who continues to look glaringly like that time. Knowing both the past and the present, I am not just fighting this title match against a rude person, I am on the contrary looking forward to it. But (pauses), it's hard mentally. I have a lot of thoughts. As a wrestler, I plan to be in 100% physical condition by March 15th. I can't say it's okay or that that this is the attitude that I want to win the title match with."
Kaz laughed and stared at Katsuhiko Nakajima, who lifted his belt.

But whether the champion who refuses even to bring home the belt as "there is no need for a belt" is the last champion, and whether it can be held safely due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection, attention will be paid to the last big match in WRESTLE-1.

Link to original article from Yahoo.co.jp
Picture credit: Yahoo.co.jp

Comments