(NOAH) GHC Heavyweight match signing: Go Shiozaki comments on the match


9th March 2020
Noah.co.jp

Go Shiozaki interview after signing the match for the GHC Heavyweight title. Kazuyuki Fujita was not in attendance, and he will sign at a different time.

SHIOZAKI: Originally yesterday (8th March) at the Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium I was planning to have a title match with Kazuyuki Fujita for the GHC Belt, the event was cancelled due to the coronavirus and this might sound odd, but I am sorry. But, at the Korakuen event on the 29th, I want to show a GHC fight with a match that will remove the regret of the Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium.
Q: What has changed in your motivation now that the GHC match has been postponed?
SHIOZAKI: Motivation has not been lowered, I have no choice but to raise it.
Q: The Yokohama Cultural Gym was also going to be the last Noah event before the venue is rebuilt. Are you disappointed you could not hold the match there?
SHIOZAKI: Yes, that is true. There were many people there I think that wanted to watch the event, and I am sorry it could not be helped. So because of this situation it is why I want to defend the GHC belt, and show a bright future ahead.
Q: The 29th March will be the first show in history to have only "4 major GHC matches"
SHIOZAKI: I am proud of the company for doing that, and I want to proudly defend Noah's GHC belt to conclude the GHC only event.
Q: If there are only GHC matches, it may mean that the aspects of contents of the matches between the title fights may be even stronger.
SHIOZAKI: That's right. I think there are things that are comparable, but my match is the simplest and easiest to understand? "I am the one who protects Noah". I am the one who says "I am Noah"*. I think it is an event where I can show that.
Q: You have had to rest for a while, but during this period has your image of the battle against Fujita changed?
SHIOZAKI: Although we have clashed many times during the pre-matches, my feelings are the same. I just want to look forward and not back, and show a match like Go Shiozaki.
Q: What if you do not think about secret plans or doing new things, and just release yourself about 150%?
SHIOZAKI: Well, I always want to show "more than ever" in the title match, and I think Kazuyuki Fujita is the strongest opponent, I will express that Go Shiozaki has surpassed Kazuyuki Fujita.
Q: Although there is anxiety due to the coronavirus, how will you conduct yourself as champion?
SHIOZAKI: When I entered Pro Wrestling, I was encouraged by how many times as possible the pro wrestler would stand up in the ring. Right now, both Japan and the world are exposed to the virus, and I want to show my attitude to not submit to the coronavirus. I want to show you in the ring how you stand up and don't bow down.
Q: Your partner, Katsuhiko Nakajima, is also preparing for a title match in WRESTLE-1.
SHIOZAKI: I don't really want to say anything about Katsu-san's belt, I hope he can do a title match without worries. I only want Katsuhiko Nakajima to expand.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

*Said in English (Shiozaki has started to add this)

Comments