(NOAH) "I might destroy it all" Interview with GHC Junior Champion, Yoshinari Ogawa (Part 2)

11th March 2020
Puroresu DX

Q: What has been your impression of Harada recently?
OGAWA: Speaking well, I would say stable. But, speaking badly he is boring and doesn't change. No matter who he wrestles, he is going to have a good match, but there are times when it is "not only that" (the wrestler element). It is the relationship with this IPW.
Q: Do you feel that the overall picture is unsatisfactory?
OGAWA: Well, he's part of a goody-goody team, and a goody-good champion. By no means could I say that, I wouldn't do it (rough, does not translate). He's not the "best in the world" but "best in RATELS". Well, isn't it best to "stop there"? (laughs)
Q: Nevertheless, STINGER and RATELS have been working thoroughly for over a year, Ogawa is the champion and Harada, who won the league has challenged, is there a feeling of welcoming the "top battle?"
OGAWA: Hmmm...well, if people around me say that, then it might be so, but for me, it's also soon for STINGER...well, Chris (Ridgeway) is absent, but I don't feel like a leader. I'm not as happy as Harada as being called "Leader!" or "Boss!". Well, now its a contest between myself and Harada, and I think it must be a good one. Maybe (laughs).
Q: At the Korakuen event there will "only be GHC matches", there is also a competitive aspect between them.
OGAWA: Well, there are various factors, but given the flow in which the title matches were decided, there is also a part of a feeling of survival. Well, what should I do? Well, it seems like things will resume from Maebashi on the 21st, so the match might be varied...well, how about it, it might be a sloppy match (rough, and while "sloppy" isn't the best word to use, there is no translation for the slang that Ogawa used).
Q: When I listen to you, I feel like you are drifting away from STINGER...
OGAWA: Yeah...Yes. I might destroy it all. I wonder if STINGER and RATELS are going to be ruined...I have a feeling about it. I have been doing this for too long, isn't this a rut?
Q: When it's time to reset various things...
OGAWA: Right. If Harada and I were going to have belt vs belt like I said earlier, I would wear my belt, Harada would wear his, but who would win? I wanted a match with circumstances that would get you thinking. Without it I wouldn't have to say that "it wouldn't be a good match".
Q: There is a risk in a title battle for both of you in a title vs title...
OGAWA: So. That would make me more desperate, because I don't want to lose the belt, but if he loses then he is still champion. If I lose, then I am not a champion anymore. If he wins then he has two belts, and I lose mine, right? He loses and he keeps a belt. So about my feelings, they are "Huh? What about that?" Those are my feelings. I am really disappointed. Harada.
Q: Do you want to overturn that "disappointment" at the start of tour in Maebashi?
OGAWA: No, I'm disappointed with him. I have nothing more to say, but I want to say it one final time, I am very disappointed Harada-kun. That is all.

Link to original article from Puroresu DX
Picture credit: Puroresu DX 

Comments