(NOAH) "I want you to stop using "Best In The World" Yoshinari Ogawa mini interview - part 1


7th March 2020
Puroresu DX

GHC Junior Heavyweight champion, Yoshinari Ogawa, has been challenged by Daisuke Harada who won this years Global Junior League at Korakuen Hall. Initially, Harada proposed and consented to the double title match with the IPW Junior heavyweight, but he later withdrew it. Only the GHC Junior will be on the line.
The main battle of the Noah juniors "STINGER vs RATELS", which has been going on for more than a year, will finally happen, but it was disappointment and distrust that Ogawa spoke about today.

Q: You advocated a double title match between the GHC junior and IPW Junior, but now its only for the GHC Junior
OGAWA: It's strange, it's strange. (In the situation where the title match wasn't arranged) I suggested doing it as a double (title match) and Harada said he would put up the IPW Junior, right? But, when the match is announced, the IPW is not at stake. The challenger and the company have decided this without permission, and yet I am the champion. Why is the wish of the champion being ignored? I have some distrust in the company.
Q: There was a situation when it was difficult to decide the title match against Harada after he won Junior League
OGAWA: Right after Harada won Junior League, there was a pinfall from him, right? Still, unlike Kotaro and Kotoge (who rejected the HAYATA & YO-HEY'S GHC Junior Tag Championship challenge), I wasn't saying "I won't do it." But no title match was ever arranged. Harada is not even the cause for unusual action, so from here I thought "By what means?" I thought about just getting on with it and bringing up the double title? (rough) Then, in the meantime it was withdrawn...
Q: Harada seems to have withdrawn the because he thought the "GHC Junior heavyweight belt should not be mixed with other titles"
OGAWA: No, from my point of view he isn't able to increase the value of the IPW Junior belt by himself. That's what I am talking about, because isn't that just a belt for Harada to "put on his shoulder when signing at the shop", "I'm a champion". It's kind of a prop belt, which he doesn't want to lose so he withdrew it.
Q: Isn't that the reason why you wanted the IPW Junior?
OGAWA: No, I thought that I could add value. I thought it would be fun to go to England and wrestle. Chris (Ridgeway) is over there. Chris will not be coming back to Noah because...
Q:..I see. Although your request was denied, the GHC Junior is not a double title match.
OGAWA: Well, I'll do it, but I am disappointed in Harada. I feel bad for you Harada-kun. Its really chicken, really chicken shit* Because, Harada, isn't your saying "the best in the world?*" If you like that foreign belt that you have, don't tell me anymore if you do. The best in the world? I want you to withdraw that too. I would be happy if I was in Harada's position, but hey! Well, you are just small hearted.

Link to original article from Puroresu DX
Picture credit: Puroresu DX

*Original phrase was "Chicken bastard", but this doesn't make much sense when translated, so I put it into the closest English approximation.
*It's actually "to be the best Noah junior in the world"

Comments