(NOAH) Okada withdraws from the Sugiura Army, and makes a direct request to "fight All Japan", Nakajima agrees to request


Noah.co.jp
5th March 2020

Kinya Okada, the Sugiura Army's rookie "apprentice", made a direct appeal to Katsuhiko Nakajima for the "attack on All Japan". In resigning from The Sugiura Army, Okada showed his determination, which Nakajima accepted.

Initially the 8th March match between Noah and All Japan's "Evolution" (Nakajima, Shuhei Taniguchi & Junta Miyawaki vs SUWAMA, Shuji Ishikawa & Yusuke Okada) was due to take place at the Yokohama Bunka Gym, however, the event was cancelled due to the Coronavirus. Additionally, Miyawaki will now miss the event due to right shoulder injury, and due to the need for surgery, a long absence is expected. Okada moved on that.
On the 5th Match he went to see Nakajima, who had been practicing at the Noah Dojo and immediately appealed to him with, "Miyawaki has left a slot in the match against All Japan. Let me fight instead!"
Nakajima asked, "What? You are The Sugiura Army's apprentice, right?"
"In the match against All Japan, I want to fight as a Noah wrestler, not as an apprentice of The Sugiura Army. Yesterday when I practiced with you, I decided to go in a new direction".
Nakajima, who felt the enthusiasm of Okada accepted, saying "Against All Japan, do it as a Noah wrestler. If you do, you will have to win. Let's go to win!"
Okada stated, "I bowed to Sugiura and entered The Sugiura Army, but now I want to leave to stand alone from now on".

On the 24th February at Nagoya, he started wearing shin guards and using kicks, but yesterday he had a chance to receive kick instruction directly from Nakajima on a YouTube produce. There is also an urgency to make a difference with classmate Yoshiki Inamura who is fighting in the main and in other promotions, everything has happened at the same time.

INTERVIEW WITH NAKAJIMA & OKADA

Q: What was the reason for this direct request again?
OKADA: Now that Miyawaki is missing, there is space in the match against All Japan, and taking this as an opportunuty I made the request as I want to rise as a wrestler. With that in mind, I thought it was time to change my (match) style, and stand alone as "Noah's Okada".
Q: You are in the Sugiura Army?
OKADA: I bowed to Sugiura and entered The Sugiura Army, but now I want to leave to stand alone from now on
Q: You started using kicks at the 24th February Nagoya event by wearing shin guards?
OKADA: Yes. I wanted to kick before my debut, and so I was looking for the right time. From now on I am going to use more kicks, and I want to change my style little by little, and I hope I can fight Nakajima.
Q: Nakajima, why did you accept the request?
NAKAJIMA: I have many thoughts, frankly I think he is saying, "I want to fight All Japan as a member of Noah", and why not? There is an opening against All Japan, he wants to get in there and prove himself, and make this an opportunity for growth. I think you have to be a true Noah member for that I guess. He's green, and I think its a risky decision, but I think such a greed is needed. The reason is not to become stronger immediately after changing style, you can't get results without daily efforts.
Q: If this card is arranged, who do you want to aim for?
OKADA: Not Okada, I am going to go after SUWAMA and Ishikawa. I know they are big and strong enemies, but I haven't wrestled anyone from other promotions yet...
Q: Where you getting impatient as classmate Inamura had a lot of chances?
OKADA: Yes. Inamura is wrestling outside of Noah, but I have not been able to achieve any outstanding results. Here I am going to show you that "Okada can do it".
Q: If the match is decided, attention will most likely be focused on the encounter between Nakajima and SUWAMA. Is this a shell you want to break through?
OKADA: Yes! I will take it from All Japan, I will rise violently within the match!


Link to original article from Noah.co.jp
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments