(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS ~ PRO WRESTLING NOAH 20TH ANNIVERSARY NOAH THE CHRONICLE VOL.2 (29TH MARCH 2020, KORAKUEN HALL)


YO-HEY & HAYATA

YO-HEY: Thank you! Now it's the blonde married couple who have the GHC Junior tag belts. Right now the married couple tag is done in silver and purple. Uh...what are we talking about? Currently, the world is in a very severe situation, and under such circumstances Pro Wrestling Noah is completely "without customers" in an empty arena event and four consecutive title matches. In addition, the title match was the first match at 11.00am, and we won the belt. It was as normal as possible through the camera. 5G? I had great encouragement from the cheers of everyone riding those wonderful radio waves, Wife also said he heard...didn't you say that? I'm glad we won, and that we've become Noah's junior tag champions, and I hope you are a little cheered up by that if you are sick now. If you are fine, Wife's nipples are stretched about 70cms. Is there anything else?
Q: Was it a difficult situation in many ways?
YO-HEY: There is no doubt of that. It's always the way, the moment we both appeared, I heard that the cheering at Korakuen Hall could be heard even in Nagoya...it was unique of course, and there were some parts which went wrong, but it was the same for the "original" champion team. The winner is the winner, they can't say anything now, there is nothing more to say. Anyway! We both experienced a title match at this amazing unique Korakuen Hall event, and I think this experience has carved a page into history, and I think it can be made use of other than in pro wrestling, even when becoming grandparents I think you can drink just under one cup of shochu on the rocks. That is why Wife and I, more and more, are going to create a page in history to make Pro Wrestling Noah the best! Finally, a word please!
HAYATA: Same!
YO-HEY: Well, it's been a long time (kisses the belt)


TAKASHI SUGIURA

Q: How was Minoru?
SUGIURA: He was good, the arm attack was thorough, and it was tough. Fighting a heavyweight is a match that is a competition of strength, this was a slightly different concentration. It was hard.
Q: Was it a fight that could only be done with this belt?
SUGIURA: Yes. It's not easy for a junior to challenge (a heavyweight) for a GHC championship, and in that sense you can use a free stance. I am glad I could show something different again.
Q: After the match, Nakajima announced a challenge?
SUGIURA: Well, it's no problem, right? I always do my best when I am in a position to aim for a belt. The reaction of the customers when he came out, there was no booing, is there any problem?
Q: Did you hear a "yes", when you asked the audience?
SUGIURA: You can't come to the venue even if you wanted to, so I think some viewers had great fun watching. I wanted them to participate, so I turned the microphone over a little. Even if like today you couldn't come to the venue, if there are fans watching somewhere, if there is a ring then we will fight.
Q: How did you fight in the empty arena situation?
SUGIURA: I didn't really care that much, I concentrate on the match. Also, I felt like all the Noah fans were watching me somewhere, even if it was only on the other side of the TV or the internet, but I felt it very much. I really felt I was being watched.
Q: Did that awareness lead to you asking the viewer "YES" or "NO"?
SUGIURA: I wanted the viewers to participate. I was aware of that. As long as I am in the ring, I am always conscious of people's eyes.
Q: You are always aware of tens of hundreds and thousands of eyes?
SUGIURA: Because, unless people come to support us, we can't fight in the ring. Today the audience couldn't come to the venue, but I felt them during the match. We will meet again at the venue, and until then we will keep fighting. Thank you.

KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA

NAKAJIMA: As I said in the ring, it was a challenge statement.
Q: Why are you interested in the red belt?
NAKAJIMA: Passionate red suits me, right?
Q: What is your impression recently of Sugiura?
NAKAJIMA: He is a strong man as he is still champion. But, what will happen when you face me? Don't you think it will be interesting? Hey, do you want to see it? What happens when Takashi Sugiura and I have a match now? Can you imagine it? If you can, then I will go beyond it. I didn't think I would get an OK so smoothly, and my red blood is excited. I really want that red belt now.
Q: Today was an empty arena, but did you hear the scream of "yes" in your ear?
NAKAJIMA: I didn't need to hear it, but I heard it. The homies that I love are waiting. Well, I am a greedy man, so I am going to be greedy. An empty arena match cannot be helped, but I am always with my homies, and I will continue rampaging in Noah's ring.


YOSHINARI OGAWA

Q: Looking back on the title match with Harada?
OGAWA: Hmmm...Kotaro's impact was so strong, that I can't remember...well, I don't seem to be wearing the IPW Junior, so I guess he didn't bring the belt on purpose...I didn't have to worry about the other title, I guess it's because its like a champion. Well, Harada was good, but Kotaro, if you want to do this then I will do it anytime and anywhere.
Q: Unexpected challenge?
OGAWA: Yeah. I said that STINGER and RATELS might be destroyed...but it was Kotaro. Because it was destroyed by Kotaro, STINGER ends today because of what he did. Not using "STINGER" anymore? There is no STINGER now that Kotaro has split from me. Today is the end. I will always defend this belt against Kotaro...
Q: What is your impression of Kotaro Suzuki as a wrestler?
OGAWA: Hmmm, for a long time...well, that story is enough for today, but I will do it anytime.

KOTARO SUZUKI

Q: Was this an unexpected action today?
KOTARO: Well, when Ogawa took the belt, I always thought that I wanted to challenge him for it someday. It was my intention.
Q: Not because you have a hatred of Ogawa?
KOTARO: No, no (laughs), I have no hatred. There is no rule that I can't challenge because we are a team. Apart from that "friendship" is not a reason.
Q: Then why did you use your finisher?
KOTARO: Because, if you don't do something, then you are not really serious, and if you don't do it with Yoshinari Ogawa who is serious, then its meaningless. I did a singles match last year with Marufuji, I haven't done that with Ogawa.
Q: Have you always been aware of the barriers that must be personally overcome?
KOTARO: I have to call him a wall, not an opponent. When I returned to Noah, I have been thinking all the time about Marufuji and Ogawa.
Q: Ogawa said "STINGER ends today"
KOTARO: I don't know if it is going to end, or whether our title match is even going to be arranged, won't it be over "after doing it?". If it does end, then it will be time to create a new one. Well, even precision machinery will break after one drop of water.
Q: The future is still uncertain?
KOTARO: Because this is the state of world, I can't say when it will happen, but I will do it. Once you decide, you just need to adjust the conditions for it.


GO SHIOZAKI

Q: It was a fierce battle that ended just before a draw, but how do you look back on the match?
SHIOZAKI: It was a tension and intimidated that I have never experienced before. When we first met I had to endure it so not to lose ground. Hearing there was 30 minutes, was unprecedented tension, and that robbed me of a lot of physical strength.
Q: What was the main reason that you were able to defend?
SHIOZAKI: Today there were no customers. If you think of everyone who is watching the screen, then you cannot lose, you have to win?
Q: What are your thoughts on Fujita?
SHIOZAKI: Unique atmosphere, unique strength. I don't know what Fujita thinks of says, but for me it was a great match that I gained from, rather than just one more title match. This was a battle to both protect and carry Noah. This is Noah.
Q: It is a difficult situation due to the Coronavirus, but what about the future?
SHIOZAKI: Today was an empty arena event, and I think it was good to be able to have a match today like this. However, there was no one, and Noah is no good if there are no customers who come to see it. It is Noah with the customers, and today I felt it really painfully. It's tough, but you have to get over it. It may not be possible to do it alone, I can't do it alone I think. It's funny because everyone is saying this, it's odd but I am glad that I was able to notice it today in an empty arena match.
Q: I think Shiozaki's style rides the customers in a lariat or chop, but was it uncomfortable for you to fight without cheering?
SHIOZAKI: There was a sense of discomfort during the match. It wasn't just me. I think everyone felt it, the people who had the title match, and those who couldn't want the event from ringside felt it. I don't know how long this situation will last, but for now I just want to break through it and wrestle again at Korakuen Hall in front of everyone in Noah along with everyone else who wants to have a match.
Q: Finally, Fujita fell to the lariat. What about that?
SHIOZAKI: That was the intention of Kazuyuki Fujita, and until then I was just losing ground. I had to get it back somehow, and Fujita received it head on without backing down. So I felt this battle in Noah as the one against the strongest enemy, and the fear that he was still standing was realized (rough).
Q: Has your impression of Fujita changed before or after the match?
SHIOZAKI: It has not changed, if anything I think it has become even bigger. There is no intimidating feeling.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments