(NOAH) Shiozaki to prove the GHC Heavyweight is the highest peak

10th March 2020
Tokyo Sports 

The enemy is not just the challenger.
Noah's GHC heavyweight champion Go Shiozaki (38) will clarify the belt's position in his first defence against "The Beast" Kazuyuki Fujita (49) at Korakuen Hall, Tokyo on 29th March.
Originally, Fujita was supposed to challenge at the Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium which was scheduled for the 8th, but the event was cancelled due to the spread of the coronavirus. Therefore, the event was moved to the 29th where only the four GHC matches will be held.

On the 9th at the press conference, Shiozaki said "I want to show Korakuen a match that reminds me of my sadness (the cancellation of the Yokohama event). That is why I want to show you a bright future".
He is aware of the National Championship. Takashi Sugiura (49) became the first champion last November, and he has already successfully defended the belt three times. Attracting attention with a new world view, on the 29th he will defend against junior heavyweight Minoru Tanaka in his fourth defence.

Shiozaki admitted, "I think its true that the National Belt makes Noah interesting, and I have no intention of denying it. However, it goes without saying that the highest peak is the GHC (heavy), and to protect Noah I am focusing on the fight with Fujita this time. At the same time, I have to prove that this belt is the highest peak."

For the strong arm professing to be "I am Noah", it is going to be one battle where the true value is questioned.

Link to original article from Tokyo Sports
Picture credit: Tokyo Sports 

Comments