(NOAH) The Ark's Anarchists. Special feature with Noah's rebel group, "Kongoh".


Translated from an article from Weekly Pro (Autumn 2019)

Q: Finally, the Kongoh special feature
KENOH: It's been a long time coming this special feature, have "Weekly Pro" turned around and changed their attitude because I won the N-1? Maybe. So, let's get started.
Q: This was the starting point for Kongoh when Kenoh broke up with Kaito Kiyomiya, who was his partner, in April of this year, saying he was "not a dog". So first of all, let's hear about how the team formed.
KENOH: Do you want to talk about that scene? It started with a sense of danger about what was going to happen as the company was changing. I was forcibly partnered with Kiyomiya, who seemed to be a cog in the company. I know that I was always complaining about it, but I think that LIDET ENTERTAINMENT are doing really well now.
Q: You rarely acknowledged LIDET.
KENOH: I'm not going to blindly deny it. Don't get me wrong, but if you go on like this, you will come to a stumbling block, and that is the biggest part. I thought that if everyone was only working as the company wanted them to, then it would eventually die. I think Noah has made this mistake many times in the past, just over two years before LIDET. I felt that the current Noah needed a rebel group that moved with its own beliefs, like ours, and that was when Kongoh was formed.
Q: Atsushi Kotoge, Masa Kitamiya and Yoshiki Inamura joined when Kenoh called.
KITAMIYA: Well, I have always been in search of results and in search of belts, and it felt like this a team with an appetite heading for it. As there was such an anticipation, I joined without hesitation.
Q: You teamed with Kenoh in the Super Violent Army, you became the tag champions in January 2007, but broke soon after. You had a joint struggle last February when you participated in the GHC Tag Championship Tournament.
KITAMIYA: I guess it's great that I knew what kind of man Kenoh is after fighting with him and tagging with him in the past
Q: Inamura entered Kongoh less than a year after his debut.
INAMURA: In my case, I wanted to join a team where I could act on my own initiative, and not be unhappy with the company. I thought that there was only Kongoh for becoming stronger. In Tag League I entered with Kitamiya as "THE TOUGH", and under his lead I found I was growing, so I wanted to do more with Kitamiya, and I saw Kenoh acting with his own strong will, so I joined Kongoh.
Q: There was also the impact of entering the rebel group without waiting for a year after your debut.
KITAMIYA: And yet there was too much eyebrows remaining with the Mohawk (laughs)*
INAMURA: In my career since I entered Kongoh, I've been able to fight Hideki Suzuki and Kazuyuki Fujita, and not just inside Noah, I have also fought strong people outside of it too. It would have been impossible had I remained immature and not entered. I have always talked about my longing for Sugiura since I made my debut, but I think it is better to fight against him as an enemy, rather than to partner with him. The more I fight, the stronger I become. The fact that I was able to have two singles with Sugiura was thanks to entering Kongoh. As a team the number of matches in the semis and main has increased, and I am glad that I joined Kongoh on my own accord.
Q: What about the two leaders? 
KENOH: As I always say, if you act together with me, who is strongly oppressed by the company, simply put chances do not come easily, but the feeling of putting yourself in that place is the best. At the beginning of Kongoh's struggle we weren't at the forefront of fighting, but take a look at the 16th September in Osaka when both Kitamiya and Inamura had singles matches, and I think the company has gradually come to understand that it needs us to help it. Its been quite a while since we formed Kongoh, and I think we have pulled away from Kiyomiya's sentiments which the company where pushing, more than anyone else. I feel that the effect of this can finally be understood.
Q: At the N-1 Victory over August and September, the flow suddenly changed. You showed your strength, and as a result you were able to win. 
KITAMIYA: For me the result was useless, because I could not win and therefore go to the finals, but I showed my presence to the company by fighting in A block where the wrestlers who are at the top are said to be the elite. 
Q: You had a good match with Takashi Sugiura, and beat Naomichi Marufuji, and faced Go Shiozaki in the main event at the 29th March at Korakuen, but how did Inamura see the N-1?
INAMURA: I was sorry that I couldn't enter for the first time. But, I know myself well, and since I wasn't in the league I felt that I could do my best in other matches. During the tour I watched Kenoh and Kitamiya's league matches, and as there were very few, each match was very intense. When the powerful wrestlers did not have league matches there were tag matches, six people tags, and it was the most positive way for me to gain experience. It was a great experience after watching them in the league to have matches each day. 
Q: For a team such as Kongoh, the decision to stand and pose before the match is impressive
KENOH: We, Kongoh, can show our power in the ring, and because of that I was able to win. By accumulating such things, I think we can show our conviction even more. Thinking about originality, Kiyomiya has been produced by LIDET...we will express our professional wrestling, not just as wrestling, but as compulsory education. 
Q: As for Kongoh, the fight against Kiyomiya has become a major focal point. 
KENOH: Kongoh's beginning was in "I'm not your dog", but I feel like "dog" has been claimed by The Sugiura Army. 
KITAMIYA: He has a real dog (laughs). We simply became victims to the cute dog of the Sugiura Army.
KENOH: Did we become the Sugiura Army's dog? 
Q: In terms of results, I agree. 
KENOH: The Sugiura Army has made several dog t-shirts. 
KITAMIYA: The t-shirts were made in collaboration with Kongoh. I want them to credit Kongoh somewhere. 
INAMURA: Special thanks (laughs)
KITAMIYA: Sales flying off the shelves
KENOH: Give us a margin. The other guys do nothing unless we speak. When I said something exciting and wondered how to make a change, I was told "Your a company dog".
KITAMIYA: Takashi Sugiura took it
KENOH: He won that round
KITAMIYA: With the support of the fans
KENOH: With that remark
KITAMIYA: Winning hearts with the microphone. Kiyomiya expects too much of himself and can't do it (rough)
Q: Kenoh's words to Kiyomiya have been originally Sugiura's...Kitamiya, what are your emotions towards Kiyomiya today?
KITAMIYA: We lived together at the dojo when he was a trainee, and now he is acting like he's done it all, but aren't such high praise and rave reviews leading him astray? His career is in a phase where he is fumbling in the dark.
Q: Kitamiya also struggled during the third and fourth years of his career, and you struggled to reach your current style
KITAMIYA: He was given the answer without hesitation. In a sense I am very lucky, I came into my own with my own beliefs. Masa changed his name to Masa Saito, and I thought I should change mine to Masa Kitamiya. It's done (laughs). Well, getting back to Kiyomiya, he's not really specific overall, it's always "new scenery" or "running up". If he was more specific, I think everyone could be on board more.
KENOH: Probably because he has nothing to do, he can only speak vaguely.
KITAMIYA: I don't know if its his own words, or if the company has inflated them, but there is nothing.
KENOH: I just want him to show himself more, but the company...no, there is too much expected of him by the parent company, LIDET ENTERTAINMENT, and his true self is not coming out.
KITAMIYA: That's it. Expectations are obstructive.
KENOH: He won't grow as much as expected if he keeps on like this.
Q: In order to bring out the real Kiyomiya, Kongoh is indispensable.
KENOH: As a trainee, Kiyomiya was very important. I don't think fans know that now, so put a photo of him at the time of his debut in the corner of this interview.
Q: "Weekly Pro Wrestling Mobile Premium" which started on October 1st means that you can access the archive and read all the magazines from September 2015, so you can read everything from Kiyomiya's debut to the present.
KENOH: Such publicity is good, but by nature he has the character of a nerd. During his trainee era he asked me, "What club activities did you do in High School?" I said, "I didn't do any! I went home!" Wasn't cool at that time.
KITAMIYA: Other side of his character (laughs)
INAMURA: He went to arcades alot in High School
KITAMIYA: He still does that now...
KENOH: He's a twink, no matter how you look at it.
INAMURA: Glittering
KENOH: I don't think he could show himself at the time. Now he is false...it can be said that is professional, but I think it looks poor.
KITAMIYA: I want to see his original clothes again (laughs). He was wearing shorts with various jumbled colors.
KENOH: He looks stylish now. Anyway, Kiyomiya was more exciting at the time of his triumphant return than now.
Q: Kiyomiya was was the last wrestler to debut at Differ Ariake, the "ex Holy Land of Noah".
KITAMIYA: Miyawaki (Junta) also lived at Differ, but his debut was here (Saitama).
INAMURA: From me onwards is a generation that did not know Differ
KENOH: These two lived with Kiyomiya, tell us about an amusing episode of that time.
KITAMIYA: There aren't many interesting stories about him...
KENOH: So what is the most useless (very rough, does not translate well)
KITAMIYA: He always ate tomatoes in the summer. He was like the older brother in "Grave of the Fireflies".
KENOH: Wearing a dirty tank top.
KITAMIYA: A wrinkled tank top.
KENOH: He put the Playstation from Shane Haste at his bedside.
KITAMIYA'S response doesn't really translate, but he likened this jokingly to being like a mother who walks into her young sons room, her young son being someone who spends his whole time playing computer and not working or doing any housework.
Q: He returned to Japan in triumphant style from overseas training in December 2017
KENOH: He was more active then. His eyes were hungry, and it was better than now. Now his eyes shine, but they keep clouding over.
Q:...
KENOH: I guess he will soon start saying "I'm a superstar"
Q: What was the wrestler you saw as a younger student?
INAMURA: When I entered, Kiyomiya was just leaving to go abroad...
KITAMIYA: Did you think it was strange at the time? (rough)
INAMURA: When Kiyomiya returned to the dojo for the first time, when I saw him, at the time his hairstyle was so exciting that I thought, "Who?". I decided to say hello, and as I went near him I knew, "Oh, Kiyomiya". In terms of age, I am older than him, but as a heavyweight he is my closest senior, but as he's the champion he is the most distant. That is not my goal. I can't be that way. I think it is amazing to have taken the belt so early and stand at the top, it's not jealousy, I want to defeat his strength, and defeat him one day. 
KITAMIYA: He's a nerd, and the end result was a LIDET debut
KENOH: !
Q: !!
KENOH'S line doesn't translate
KITAMIYA: The punch line has come out
KENOH: LIDET debut! Good phrase.
Q: There is also the phrase, "University Debut"*.
KITAMIYA: What do you really think about him? What about his current state? Are you okay with his current form? I don't know the true feelings. He wants to win against seniors, because he has never won against them?
Q: So that is Kiyomiya's story, and now Kenoh is preparing to face him for the GHC Heavyweight Championship on the 2nd November at Sumo Hall; Kitamiya, Inamura, what are your goals for the future?
KITAMIYA: Although the three of us are Kongoh, Inamura and I are a tag team called THE TOUGH. We joined in this years tag league, and the shape it took was faintly seen from the beginning and gradually became visible, and I want to get results. I think people people like us who don't have anything, have to take the chance for themselves.
INAMURA: The only way for Kongoh to win, is to make itself stronger. As a result, I often lose for both Kongoh and THE TOUGH, so if I say that I won't, I want to be able to say that I want to be able to beat anybody because I'm bearish. I want to improve my personal strength.
Q: It may be said that the fight to the right to compete in the N-1 next year has already begun.
INAMURA: I want to enter it next year.
KITAMIYA: Not everyone can remain in the elite, every match is a fight for participation.
Q: Looking at Osaka on the 16th September and then Sumo Hall on the 11th November, the wrestlers who have a big match are limited.
KENOH: Great Muta class guests will appear more and more in big matches, if so dark matches can be made, like in Osaka on the 16th September. I don't care because I belong to Noah. Looking around currently, THE TOUGH rank high in Noah now in tag team appeal, and I have no idea at all what AXIZ are doing, just like Kiyomiya saying "new scenery". Looking at Noah as a whole, its no wonder why more dazzling guys like THE TOUGH come out.
Q: Kenoh's single challenge at Sumo Hall on the 2nd November has been arranged, so it doesn't matter about grabbing a ticket for the GHC Tag front (rough).
KITAMIYA: Days have passed until Sumo Hall, and I am going to call attention in some form (rough)
Q: In that context, what are your goals as Kongoh?
KENOH: As I always say, take the belt at overcrowded Sumo Hall on 2nd November. I have only one month left to realize this clear target, but of course, I have to prepare THE TOUGH as well as myself, that is the main goal.
KITAMIYA: Kongoh, who will convey this in the match and convince you with words, has been formed a while. We will grab what is taking shape.
INAMURA: As Kongoh shows its presence more and more, I cannot leave myself at the bottom now. I want to win as I have never defeated my seniors.
KENOH: I have always said "Stimulation is needed". Kotoge has now left, and it would be far more interesting for Kongoh to increase its members in the future, rather than it just being us three. I will think about that later, and there is also the Kenoh Network too. I'm going to do more and more in the ring. In this interview there was a lot of cajolery, and we did too much of it. What was today about?
KITAMIYA: Let's return!
INAMURA: YES!!

Picture credit: Weekly Pro 



Yoshiki Inamura's eyebrows: Inamura was teased for shaving them as he wanted to look like one of the members of a punk band he likes. They have grown back now.

University Debut: Someone who changes their look completely when they go from college to University

Comments