(NOAH) Hajime Ohara's University Entry Speech

April 11th 2020

"Invited by the warmth of the sparkling spring light with the fluttering cherry blossoms, I enrolled in Seijo University. I am grateful to have this wonderful ceremony held online for new students, as many schools have cancelled their entry ceremonies due to the Coronavirus.
As we celebrate today we have the joy and pride in being able to enroll, and from now on with my dreams and hopes for colleague life, I am determined to take a step towards the future. As a graduate of Seijo University, I want to grow without being ashamed. It's a personal matter, but I graduated from being a part time student at High School last month. When I entered High School at the age of 32, I learned the joy and importance of learning after I was 30 years old. When I wanted to grow by learning more and more, I found that there is a university where anyone can study "anytime, anywhere" and I decided to enroll. I am currently a student, but I am also an active professional wrestler, so each month I have matches and events nationwide. In addition I belong to the local fire brigade, and I am also a member of the Kawasaki City Sports Promotion Committee and a director of Musashi-Kosugi Area Management*. On non-match days, I work as a physical exercises instructor for the elderly and a volunteer guest teacher at a school for the elderly at a Council of Social Welfare facility. I want to focus on studying sports and welfare at Seijo University, where you can study even with such a daily life. I would like to study "connections between people" and "co-existence", and to grow to help the local people. And, like a professional wrestler, I will embody the appearance of challenging various things inside and outside the ring without giving up. Thank you to the teachers and everyone who will take care of me. I would like to take this as my oath.
Thank you very much for today".

*Area in Kawasaki   

Translated from Seisa.ac.jp
Picture credit: Seisa.ac.jp

Comments