(NOAH) "Kotaro Suzuki is someone who copies others" Yoshinari Ogawa mini interview

17th April 2020
DX-SP

Yoshinari Ogawa has decided to defend the GHC Junior Championship against Kotaro Suzuki. On the 29th March empty arena event, he was attacked by his student, who he had been working with consistently. A direct showdown between the two (Ogawa & Kotoge vs Kotaro & Kiyomiya) has been arranged in a tag match on the 18th. In an interview Kotaro said, "I have a fixation on Yoshinari Ogawa". Ogawa's angry "reply" was a painful thing, a "a person who copies".

Mini interview with Yoshinari Ogawa

Q: After the attack by Kotaro, the Junior Championship challenge match became decisive?
KOTARO: When that kind of thing happens, I have to do it.
Q: Kotaro said that "Ogawa will not think that I am serious unless it is done in this way"
OGAWA: That's a common word, isn't it? "I want to be taken seriously", Noah (laughs)
Q: Don't you feel like working together anymore?
OGAWA: There is no such thing now, STINGER has ended too. Chris (Ridgeway) doesn't come anymore?
Q: It will be a confrontation with a student who was like a younger brother, who you have a deep connection with?
OGAWA: It's going to be a match that we have never done much of before. When did we do it? I only remember that we have been working together for a long time. Misawa's three.
Q: That is special...
OGAWA: Special...well, I think it's not so special now because of what happened.
Q: Kotato talked about "Ogawaism" which has been transmitted to himself, he said "I think there is an amount of speed and power, I think there is a lot there, and so I would like to come down to the aspect of strike and power."
OGAWA: Oh, he said that? Well, I can do any match, and so now that you have said that, let's have a completely different one. I don't know what kind of match it will be, but I'm going to have a completely different title match than the ones I have had with HAYATA and Harada. I don't know if it will be a good match or not.
Q: It won't be about power or strike force?
OGAWA: Hmmm, well no matter how you come at me, I will always use my smarts to have a match, the contrary therefore I would like to have a match which Kotaro doesn't need to use it at all. It's easy. You can have a match without using your head. I think I will do that, have a match where you don't need to use your head based on the level of opponent.
Q: Kotaro also said, "Ogawa also said, "Ogawa has infinite ideas and I can't read them. His brain is cosmic".
OGAWA: It's just that, I only have a few drawers because I don't have the kind of "When it comes back, return it like this". I just don't have that in myself. There is a difference between people who have only had a similar one pattern match, and there is a difference between people who do not.
Q: Kotaro said that he would compete as the "Kotaro Suzuki original", which is a comprehensive version of his career so far.
OGAWA: Even so, most of his techniques are copied from others.
Q: He also said that his foundation was made from "Misawaism", "Ogawaism" and "Ricky Marvinism".
OGAWA: That sounds good, but that's a rip off of Misawa and Ricky, but that is because he is someone who copies others. Well, it's not just that, when he saw other people's technique he thought "I like it", and it's all copied, Kotaro. It's a shame, I don't remember raising him to be such a wrestler.
Q: It's tough, but if the title match is arranged, will it be the end of the beginning of the relationship between you two?
OGAWA: I'm not sure. I don't know if this title match will be a prologue of any kind. This is not the end. Well, I don't know what will happen.

Link to original article from DX-SP
Picture credit: DX-SP

Comments