(NOAH) Post match interviews ~ Global Tag League, Episode 2 (Tuesday, April 7th 2020)


THE SUGIURA ARMY INTERNATIONAL 
El Hijo De Dr Wagner Jnr & Rene Dupre

WAGNER JNR: Hey! Friends! We will be the new champions!
DUPRE: Si, Si, Hai, Hai*, we are from Mexico and Canada...
WAGNER JNR: A new team! We will make a whirlwind in Noah!

*Yes in Spanish, and yes in Japanese.

THE SUGIURA ARMY
Takashi Sugiura & Hideki "Shrek" Sekine

Q: This was your first match with a win, but how was it partnering with Shrek?
SUGIURA: Yup, isn't this the way to go? It's rough around the edges, but I think that those things are strengths. Well, shouldn't we just fix what is no good and make the difficulties go in the right direction?
Q: Shrek?
SHREK: The first opponents were Sekimoto & Inamura gun*, who in this tag league are heavy amongst heavyweights. It was a little difficult, but with guidance from the boss (Sugiura), I managed to win.
Q: Where there any issues?
SHREK: It's all save and flow. Until now I have only fought one-on-one martial arts, a tag is just that, a technique or a flow. I know that now, and I want to make good use of it in the next matches.
Q: Next is the match against Shiozaki & Nakajima Gun*
SUGIURA: It's small work, isn't it? We will break through head on.
SHREK: Shiozaki is the single champion, right? There is no need to test my abilities*, I will knock you down directly. That is all.
Q: On the microphone you said, "Send heat, send me heat*"
SUGIURA: Even if there are no audience in the seats, thoughts are still transmitted, right? I think so. I think it is the same as the heat and the cheering, I can hear them. It is transmitted, and I want everyone to feel our fight.

*Army
*Original phrase used was "Borrow your chest" which comes from sumo when an inferior or less experienced wrestler would challenge a more experienced and established wrestler, usually for assessment purposes. There is no English phrase or equivalent.
*This is not the "heat" that we would assume the word means in wrestling in the West, what Sugiura means is send me enthusiasm, send me intensity, not send me hate, outrage etc.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments