(NOAH) "Accept anyone's challenge", Nakajima takes down Sugiura and seizes the GHC National Championship

Tokyo Sports
10th May 2020

At the Noah broadcast on the 9th May, Katsuhiko Nakajima (32) defeated Takashi Sugiura (49), and succeeded in taking the title.

Right from the beginning they collided violently, and developed and offensive and defensive battle. There where also some scenes where, screaming and attacking, he suffered from the onslaught of Sugiura. When he got out of this crisis with a sharp kick, using the vertical spike he slammed the top of Sugiura's head into the mat, and took the three counts.

After the match, when Nakajima appeared in the commentary area, he smiled exhausted and said, "I don't want to look back." In October 2016 he defeated Sugiura for the GHC Heavyweight, and he said with deep emotion "He always appears as a wall in front of me. Each time, I thought I would die more times you can imagine. I thought I was dead."

The future trends will be the focus of attention, because the championship allows freedom of both opponents and venue. Nakajima says, "I will accept anyone's challenge. This belt is already part of me, so it will evolve with time. I can't imagine it, what will it be like? That's why its fun."

To his tag partner, the GHC Heavyweight Champion Go Shiozaki (38) he says, "The most important thing I want to say is that I have taken the belt".
On this day, with his partner who has sadly missed due to acute appendicitis, together they intend to lead the promotion with vigor.

Link to original article from Tokyo Sports 
Picture credit: Tokyo Sports

Comments