(NOAH) "The day when a new speciality wrestling commentator was born" Kuniko Yamada's commentary on Noah


9th May 2020
Cocokara-next.com

(Kuniko Yamada is a Japanese comedian, actress and novelist)

ABEMA broadcast a television match with an empty arena on the 3rd May, the event was carried out by the "Sugiura Army" (led by Takashi Sugiura) vs Kongoh (led by Kenoh).
In the sixth single match, the Sugiura Army won with 3 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw, but in the main event, the elimination match, Kenoh defeated Sakuraba and Kongoh won.
Kuniko Yamada, a talented actress known for her love of pro wrestling, took part in her first guest commentary in this match.

Before the match, Yamada said, "I love professional wrestling, up until now I have been cheering and interviewing at venues, but this is my first time commentating. I was so excited, I arrived early. Today I am wearing a Go Shiozaki t-shirt to watch the match as support as he's currently resting due to appendicitis."

When the match started, Yamada revealed a series of unknown stories and interactions about the wrestlers, which are unique to her interactions.

About Nio: "He was drinking in a bar, but disappeared in a flash. I sneakily followed him to a Yakiniku house where we ate together."
Hajime Ohara: "We are very close in private life, and often go out to eat. He is currently working as a wrestler while attending University, and he has a cooks license".
Masa Kitamiya: "I love Kitamiya. He loves chubby girls. He said, "Kuniko, please buy me a PicoPico Hammer*." I asked why, and he said "When I get angry with my juniors, I will grab one." (Laughs) I thought he was a good guy.
The other story was of Hideki Suzuki eating ramen at dawn at Kōenji​* with two other people.
Other than the match, she showed a commentary to excite pro-wrestling fans.

She said with excitement, "I thought it was a little more boring after I watched the empty arena match, as after all there are cheers from the fans. However, it gave me a great sense of presence being able to have the sound close to me. Now that the situation is like this, I think the wrestlers also want to thank the fans for their support in this way. It was transmitted in the match, and it was a lot of fun."

She also spoke about the match she was the most interested in, "Hao. He has a small body, but he is a very compelling wrestler because of the variety of what he can do. I felt a change from where he was previously. I think that in the long history of pro wrestling, promotions change. I quit the office that I had belonged to for 40 years last year because I wanted to change and try something new. Isn't it the same for everyone? Isn't it good for Noah?"
Drawing on her own experience she is looking forward to the future of pro wrestling.

Kuniko says, "When I started talking, I remembered more and more.".
Even after the event, the momentum has still not stopped.

"I tried to lift Sugiura once, but he didn't move an inch and I fell down and hit the back of my head on the bar (laughs). The owner was angry saying, "What are you doing?"
(The rest does not translate well, but she basically says that she would prefer to try something rather than not, and have fun doing it).

She talked about the greatness of professional wrestling again, while talking about her own experiences.

Link to original article from Cocokara-next.com 
Picture credit Cocokara-next.com

*Plastic joke hammer
*Area of Tokyo which has escaped the housing boom, and retains a traditional atmosphere.

Comments