(NOAH) "Ideal belt for me" Katsuhiko Nakajima on the National Championship

4th May 2020
Yahoo Japan\Eastern Sports Web

Katsuhiko Nakajima (32) will challenge the GHC National champion, Takashi Sugiura (49) at the Noah TV match which will be broadcast on the 9th, he has revealed his desire to take the belt.

Due to the spread of the coronavirus infection, Noah continues to broadcast TV matches with an empty arena. Nakajima says, "I am lonely without the reaction of the crowd, but there are tens and thousands behind the camera. I can keep standing in the ring, because there are fans who are seeking professional wrestling." Nakajima is grateful to still be able to do it.

Within Noah, since losing the GHC Heavyweight title in August 2016, he has been absent from single belts for about 2 years and 9 months. Sugiura was his opponent, when he was first crowned GHC Heavyweight, he said "I am grateful to have a big wall when I try something. I can grow because there is a wall to be crossed".
In that fateful showdown, he broke his arm.

Nakajima is also very attracted to the hidden possibilities of a openweight belt, "It will be fresh to see battles that you can't normally see in heavyweight or junior. It's an ideal belt for me as I feel the possibility of expanding it."

Because his partner Go Shiozaki is wearing the GHC Heavyweight, he has vowed to win saying that, "I have to stand side by side with Go-san, who is leading the way".

Link to original article from Yahoo.co.jp\Eastern Sports Web 
Picture credit:Yahoo.co.jp\Eastern Sports Web

Comments