(NOAH) "Now Noah can take the lead again" ~ continuing the empty arena, and the true intention of Noah's rebel, Kenoh.

6th May 2020
Yahoo Japan\ABEMA Times

Currently, Pro Wrestling Noah is making the most energetic matches in Japan's wrestling world. Of course, they are empty arena matches, but with the theme of "not wasting time", they are taking great strides such as holding tag leagues, title matches and the addition of new forces joining.

One of the main forces driving Noah is Kenoh, a strong wrestler who is Nippon Kempo trained and known for his hard matches and hard strikes from the start, is the power behind the anti establishment unit "Kongoh", which was formed last year. He rebels against the promotion, snaps at the parent company and calls the fans "Fucking assholes." He is sharp tongued, but has humor and is supported by the fans. He says what he wants to say, and what he wants to say is about Noah.

One day, I spoke with Kenoh who was waiting for a match, he answered "Its natural for someone to bite, just because there is belief. Alot of people don't want to see the bad parts of where they are, but I want to see the good and the bad."

However, Kenoh said, "I want to compliment" Noah on their active participation in empty arena matches.
"It is said that speed is important in politics now, and Noah today has a sense of speed. Although there may be pros and cons (for an empty arena match), there is action with a sense of speed."

That's why he does wrestling right now, Kenoh explained, "For pro wrestling fans, pro wrestling is a foundation, when it is gone there is no food to live on. It isn't "hassle free". Under such circumstances, Noah has been able to show "continuous progressive form" where you can see wrestling. That is big."

The wrestling of the past are on DVD and on the internet all over the world, and there are countless great matches, but what wrestling fans want most of all is frontline professional wrestling, a real-time fight drama.
"Past footage is good, but matches inn progress are the most interesting. It's good to be able to offer it. It's important for pro wrestling promotions and pro wrestlers to deal with what is happening now, therefore stopping movement will not only reduce the motivation of the wrestlers, but also the fans. Noah can create an environment to prevent that."

Kenoh says that Noah is "one step ahead", because of the speed of this move.
"Noah used to be at the forefront of professional wrestling, and I think it's my job to get it back there. I think we can get closer to that by going one step further in the industry, and that Noah can rise and take the lead again."

Kongoh welcomed former WRESTLE-1, Manabu Soya, as a new member during a empty arena match. They practice "not wasting time" not only as a promotion, but in groups.
"Even though it is an empty audience, I am fighting seriously, and so I cannot hesitate to make new developments if I want to expand my power."

Regarding the empty arena match itself, "It doesn't matter. When the match starts, I just fight who is in front of me. If anything, having matches seems to be "fun". Recently, there was a time when I didn't have matches, so I thought that I wouldn't be able to live a life without pro-wrestling. In the form of distribution, I am happy that people who are hungry for pro wrestling can watch it."

He is also strongly aware of the existence of the "fucking bastards"
"For pro wrestlers to be pro wrestlers, fans must be present. I feel it again. Even if I am the one who is leading Noah and saying "follow me", I need those guys to come with me."

In the broadcast of the match of the 3rd May, Kenoh sent a message to the fans watching at home, "We are in this together".
Even if the form of the show has changed, the relationship between the wrestlers and the fans is unchanged.

Link to original article from Abema TIMES\Yahoo.co.jp 
Picture credit: AbemaTIMES\Yahoo Japan

Comments