(NOAH) Post match interviews ~ "NOAH NEW HOPE DAY 1", 24th May 2020


AKITOSHI SAITO

SAITO: Today, I announced that I would challenge Go Shiozaki for the GHC Heavyweight. You may have been wondering, "Isn't the Anti Wrestlers Alliance docile?" You may have thought that, but I think I can prove that I am moving behind the scenes, and that I have an attitude of aggression. For me, it is not something like "The new scenery of Noah...". So, why did I announce my challenge this time? It's...Shio...it's because of Go Shiozaki! I have to do it, and I think that I can only do it now, and I think there aee various ways of understanding this. Realistically, isn't the flow that wrestler? But its not just about the scenery that is being seen now. How many years and decades will pass, I think you will find out, "Ah! Was it then? So, you did it?". This will be an important match for me and Go Shiozaki. He has many things, right? I also have things he doesn't. That belt holds a great deal. He has something that I don't. That is why I have to do it! Now! This time! To be sure, I will definitely pierce his heart. The belt. Of course I am aiming for the belt! Of course the belt because of the Anti Wrestlers Alliance. But one final thing. "What is Akitoshi Saito?" "Who is Akitoshi Saito?" "Who is he?" Since entering this world, I've been searching for that answer, and I think it is time to give it. This is a fight for that. It's natural for me to become the champion, and I will bet my life that it will be part of the fight. Shio...Go Shiozaki! Go Shiozaki! I am looking forward to it.
Q: June 14th will be the day after Misawa's anniversary, and you are also the two who stood with Misawa in the final ring.
SAITO: Ten years have passed, and Noah has advanced to a new stage, but with Shiozaki and I, there are some parts that you cannot look away from, and parts that must be done properly. Of the four people who stood in the ring at that time*, there is only one person I am able to fight in the ring now who stood in the opposite corner to me, Shiozaki. After that, I fought him for the GHC wearing white, it had significance at that time*. But its different now, and I have to do it. I think there are some things that I can't avoid, and I have to move on. I want to do this fight. For Shiozaki and I, I don't think that not opening this gate can be helped. There is only now.

*The GHC Tag Championship match on June 13th 2009
*A color of mourning in Shinto & Buddhism


GO SHIOZAKI

Q: A challenge from Saito?
SHIOZAKI: The written challenge...a challenge written from the soul. As the GHC Heavyweight champion, I accepted this heartfelt soul. With Akitoshi Saito this June, I think the significance of having the GHC Heavyweight title match is destiny. I want to show a title match between two people who have overcome everything.
Q: You have announced your return, but what has been the effect of your appendicitis surgery?
SHIOZAKI: It's fine, but there have been some miserable moments because of missing time because of it. I want to show that I have overcome it in my return fight.
Q: Who is Akitoshi Saito to you?
SHIOZAKI: I can't say it easily, I can't put it into words, but I feel that his challenge is destiny. As I said in the ring, we show the fight of the soul of Noah that can only be done by Go Shiozaki and Akitoshi Saito.


KAITO KIYOMIYA

KIYOMIYA: You haven't forgotten what I said in the ring? I want to fight Keiji Mutoh. His name always is in my head. No matter what is thought, I want to fight him. But, let me tell you one more thing...no one knows the "end" of this story, but I have a passion for it, and I have to step into unknown areas that I haven't experienced yet. I think there is no point in doing this "NOAH NEW HOPE".
Q: That was a bold statement, but have you always thought this?
KIYOMIYA: After I became champion, I began to look at the whole wrestling industry, and I became aware of the surroundings.
Q: You are interested in Okada?
KIYOMIYA: It's intuition, but with an intuitive problem. The same is true when I see Mutoh in the ring because I always think, whether or not I think it, "I want to fight him".
Q: There are very many barriers that must be overcome, such as the problems between the promotions?
KIYOMIYA: I think there are many walls, but I think there are many dreams in them. I want to fulfill my own, and those of the customers who are watching me, I want to make it happen and I think that will lead to both new scenery and evolution for me. 
Q: Are you starting to look at not only the top of Noah, but also the top of Puro?
KIYOMIYA: Of course, I have been watching it ever since I entered Pro Wrestling. But after becoming champion and seeing it realistically, my feelings have become stronger.
Q: You beat the GHC tag champion Dupree, but do you have any intention to aim for the tag titles?
KIYOMIYA: Well, I am interested in the tag belts, but its a tag team, so its not just what I want its also Taniguchi's judgement and feelings.


RENE DUPREE

"My head hurts! Kaito! This is not the end! You got lucky because I was partying all night! Next time, I won't be so forgiving!"

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp 
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments