(NOAH) "A resident in the demon world, in which immortal blood flows" ~ Interview with Naomichi Marufuji regarding "Magical Immortality"

8th May 2020
Pro Wrestling DX

Marufuji himself acknowledges that there is a relationship with "Magical Immortality", who will first appear in Noah's TV match via ABEMA. but whether He is good or evil, a wrestler or a monster etc, these are all shrouded in darkness.
In combination with The Great Muta, it will be a very different dimension to the match versus Kazushi Sakuraba & Masaaki Mochizuki.

Marufuji, who is looking forward to watching ABEMA at home, approaches the "mystery of Magical Immortality".

Interview with Naomichi Marufuji

Q: Initially, Magical Immortality was first scheduled to appear at the Yokohama Bunka Gym in March, but will now debut for the first time in a TV match. What would you say about your relationship?
MARUFUJI: Basically, I don't know. Maybe it's Marufuji in another world, or Marufuji in a "parallel world". What if I grew up in an different environment? The Great Muta may have evoked Marufuji who grew up resident in the underworld. I think there are various demonic wrestlers that Great Muta has evoked, but this may be something completely different. Maybe it may be a complete surprise, or not at all. Maybe He may look the same as me.
Q: But the behavior will be different?
MARUFUJI: Yes, it may look the same, but it is also possible that both the technique and the look will be different, or that the content is different...the point is, I don't know! I think this will be the first time that He (Magical Immortality) has come into this world, and if he finds this world "fun", then I think He will come into this world more and more. On the other hand, if He doesn't, then he may not. He may grow, or he may decline. I don't know what will happen.
Q: Are you objectively looking forward to it?
MARUFUJI: I'm looking forward to it. Perhaps for the people who love pro wrestling, to have pure enjoyment out of it, I think its a good thing. It's like when I was little and I would imagine various things that excited me, and say things like "That is so cool" or "This move!"
Q: It is interesting that the situation will be seen by the "Video On Demand" audience.
MARUFUJI: Yes. This is a Marufuji-like subjectivity, but in normal competitions, there are things that are difficult to convey. Even if its a broadcast there are still people talking, and there are various factors such as you can't see it depending on where you are sitting, if its a live performance. I think it may be good for the first appearance, as with it being broadcast, the tens and thousands of views can see it.
Q: Your opponents will be Kazushi Sakuraba & Masaaki Mochizuki?
MARUFUJI: Well, as for Magical Immortality, there is a high possibility that regardless of the opponent He is thinking only of, "the quickest prey", so Mochi I will say "Please be careful". That is because he is my partner, and a living legend. I can't even imagine what is going to happen to those two...
Q: There is a strong premonition that it will be a fantastic development because the name of the broadcast is "MUTA FANTASIA".
MARUFUJI: Yeah, basically people like that, but regarding Magical Immortality himself, I don't know what is going to happen. This is the first time He has come to a pro wrestling ring, and I don't even know if He is a pro wrestler. The reasoning of this world may not even be understood, the referee may say "No", and that will not work. Well, I know to some extent because He has decided to go to the ring, but...
Q: I would imagine that He is a resident of the underworld, with the same ferocity as Muta...
MARUFUJI: I don't know, He could be a gentleman. Aren't there bad, good and ordinary guys in this world? Therefore it should be the same in the underworld. Are all of them bad guys? It may not be the case.
Q: There may be a few clues in the kanji of "Magical Immortality" (note, in Japanese this spells out phonetically "Marufuji")
MARUFUJI: I have thought about that, too. For me, "A resident in the demon world, in which immortal blood flows". I wonder if this is a close interpretation?
Q: Anyway, it can only be guessed at.
MARUFUJI: That's right, the only thing that is clear is that I am out of the match that day as He will enter. That is His duty (rough, does not translate well).
Q: That in itself will suit the occasion
MARUFUJI: Yes, but if he can't leave then that will stop me from going to the ring anymore. What will happen then? Anyway, I'm looking forward to the ABEMA broadcast while watching from home.

Link to original article from Pro Wrestling DX 
Picture credit: Pro Wrestling DX

Comments