(NOAH) "I want to reach people who used to watch Noah", Go Shiozaki's sense of mission; Akitoshi Saito & fate of the GHC battle

10th June 2020
Yahoo.co.jp\ABEMA TIMES

Go Shiozaki, who is at the summit of Noah as the GHC Heavyweight champion, calls Akitoshi Saito his "destined opponent". Following Saito's statement of challenge, the two will face each other at an empty arena event on June 14th. June 14th was the day when Go Shiozaki was first crowned the GHC Heavyweight champion, 11 years ago, it was also the day after the death of Mitsuharu Misawa. Misawa's last partner was Shiozaki, and the last opponent he fought was Saito. Saito said that he was going to challenge now because Shiozaki was the champion. Shiozaki has no objection to this;

"With Akitoshi Saito in June, this is a story that the two of us can only tell, and fight that only we can do. I think that. Anyone who thinks of Noah, should have the feeling that "this match needs to be done."

Even as a challenger of an opponent, he highly appreciates Saito

"When I lost the Tag League match, I felt Akitoshi Saito's strength, the fear, and his fight. Everything was in that match. Currently, Noah has new wrestlers and young wrestlers, but Saito is one of them who can fight as Noah. He is an opponent who makes use of his strength and fear. He is an opponent who can exert his own power, and an opponent who cannot win unless he brings it all out. I want you to feel the weight of this fight."

This is a title match with an important opponent on an important day. What is different from the past is that is an empty arena match. Shiozaki says that he has a "sense of mission" in the current situation.

"It's hard to get used to the empty arena, but I believe in the people that are watching from the screen. At first, I wondered what would happen. I think you can see every detail in the video you are watching, and what I always think that I wish I could convey my feelings towards watching pro wrestling. I am grateful that there are situations where we can bring pro wrestling in this way, and I have a sense of mission that I have to deliver it."

Inspiring people by rising to watch, as someone with such a mission, he thinks of Rikidozan the founder of Japanese Pro Wrestling. Just like Rikidozan, who had encouraged the defeated populace who were watching the match on the TV in the street, he wants people to feel the same in the match over the internet now. 

"I hope Pro Wrestling Noah can boost both Japan and the world". 

In a special card called Go Shiozaki vs Akitoshi Saito, there is also a desire to "bring it to those who have watched Noah in the past". 

"There is no point without such a fight. I want to show one that no other wrestler can do in the defense battle in June. Akitoshi Saito is the only partner. Noah's strength, Noah's awesomeness, the greatness of pro wrestling. I want to bring this to those who are watching."

In January of this year, when he took the belt, Shiozaki shouted, "I am NOAH!". 
This is the definitive dialogue now, and he wants to win and scream with everyone, "We are NOAH". What should you show now with this special opponent as the top of Noah now? 
The champion fully understands.

Picture credit: Yahoo.co.jp\ABEMA TIMES

Comments