(NOAH) "I got it" Kaito Kiyomiya talks about the challenge of "Keiji Mutoh's realm"

24th July 2020
Yahoo.co.jp\ABEMA TIMES

Noah's new generation Ace, Kaito Kiyomiya, has reached a unique and important milestone. On August 10th Kiyomiya will have a big match at the Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium after appealing to Keiji Mutoh to have a one on one match with the legend of the mat word. 

"At first there was a six person tag and 3 on 3, then it was 2 vs 2, and next it will be 1 vs 1"

Starting from where they teamed up in a six person tag, and then from tag to single, Kiyomiya is extraordinarily motivated to fight Muto. However, on the 18th July in the tag match at Korakuen Hall, only Mutoh was visible, and so there is regret in Kiyomiya's driving force. There was the scene where he was pushed to the ground conspicuously, and when he was caught in a solid figure four leg lock. 
Mutoh has praised Kiyomiya's growth saying, "There are various things he can pull out, but there are also parts that are last moment." However, this may be why there is a fine line and the legend will not allow himself to be exceeded at the last minute. 

Kiyomiya himself describes the feeling of fighting Mutoh, "The first thing I felt was "strength". Even with the sleeper hold, he weighed heavily from the top." It wasn't easy for him to escape to the rope, and it was a "struggle" to escape from this place. Mutoh is heavy but fast, and Kiyomiya felt that he was taking action by seizing the initiative. 

So, how do you fight against Mutoh? "I can't afford to lose myself physically, and this time it is 1 vs 1. It will be different than it was before."
Kiyomiya has been defeating senior wrestlers as GHC Heavyweight Champion for the past year, but he says that he wants to take a different approach to Mutoh himself. 
"Mutoh was able to make a style in which he attacked and won, without letting the opponent attack. I would like to fight by bringing out what I have learned. While I will bring out my merits, the point is that this is 1 vs 1. I want to focus more on the "fight" part, and I feel like "I got it." 

Mutoh is 57 years old, Kiyomiya 24. Kiyomiya has a desire to go into the world of Keiji Mutoh, as he has a desire to fight opponents whose ages and careers are very different. Kiyomiya says, "Isn't he like the king of the pro wrestling world? Sitting in a den in a big chair with no one else around. Only a few people can be in such a place. I want to go to that special place. So I have to do it when I can". For Kiyomiya, the fight with Mutoh is not just about winning or losing, it is about asking as to whether you can be a special presence in the history of the wrestling world at this level, and whether you are qualified to do so. 

"I am alive by sucking the essence of young guys" says Mutoh. Kiyomiya's aim is to absorb the legendary extract, and stand higher than he is now.

Picture credit: Yahoo.co.jp\ABEMA TIMES 

Comments