(NOAH) Summer Soldier "Sunny Day Service": Yoshiki Inamura talks music

Translated from an article in "Weekly Pro"
14th July 2020

"It is a song which makes you think of a day of strong sunlight, with the wind feeling really good."

"This song was released in 1996, I was four years old at the time. I have loved music since I was in High School, so I bought this CD and started listening to it around the time I entered University and came to Tokyo.

Summer music is uplifting and there are many themes such as the sea, or summer love. However, this song sings about the rambling daily life of two people who are dating, and unlike other summer songs it doesn't need to be pushed too hard and the melody is slow. It is a song which makes you think of a day of strong sunlight, with the wind feeling really good. My hometown is Tochigi, and when it gets hot there are many days like that. I think of this song when it is summer in Tokyo and the wind feels good when the buildings are giving off such a violent heat. Although the words "August joke" or "due to the heat" appear in the lyrics, there is a deeper meaning (note, Weekly Pro omit the story as it's not an easy one to explain). I usually listen to intense music, so it may be that in the summer I listen to slower music."

Picture credit: Weekly Pro


Comments