(NOAH) "Come At Me You Bastards!" Kenoh's column, 11th August 2020

KENOH: I finally got a belt!
INTERVIEWER: Congratulations
KENOH: I was so happy that I went to tell LIDET Entertainment, who made the championship. Well, speaking of the belt, what is the agenda for this weeks talk? 
INTERVIEWER: Let's go back to Noah's last show held at the Yokohama Bunka Gym on the 10th August.
KENOH: So lets make it about "Bunka" then. Even though the word is "Buntai", it's become universal practice in the wrestling world to say "Bunka", "Buntai" = Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium. 
INTERVIEWER: If you say so. 
KENOH: It doesn't matter
INTERVIEWER: What kind of image do you have of it? 
KENOH: It has a monumental history
INTERVIEWER: There is a history of being used for more than Japanese pro wrestling before May 23rd 1962 when it first opened in 1958.
KENOH: It seems that it was made for the Tokyo Olympics in 1964. I heard that the seats on the second floor are small because the Japanese people were a lot smaller at the time. 
INTERVIEWER:  You know it well. Well, Kenoh, you also made various breakthroughs there. What are your memories of Bunka Gym? 
KENOH: It's the headquarters of THE LEAVE
Q:!
KENOH: Thank you, President Sato. (Kenoh makes a deep bow) Through the good times and the bad times of Noah, you have supported it in any situation with a benevolent gaze... 
INTERVIEWER: Hold on a little Kenoh, even if it is Yokohama, if you lift only THE LEAVE, the other sponsors will get angry!
KENOH: True. My apologies to LIDET Entertainment and OSG. Kenoh, the GHC National 3rd champion, is grateful to all three sponsors. I have touched on it many times in this series...
INTERVIEWER: So, if possible, could you tell me your memories of the match? 
KENOH: I wonder how people used this page of the magazine to rate the sponsors. Well okay. Speaking of memories, it was March last year. 
INTERVIEWER: Why, what for?! (Note, response does not translate well) 
KENOH: It was coming out in the first match and winning a match in about six seconds (Note, it was five minutes after doing the diving foot stamp on Junta Miyawaki). I have never forgotten the frustration of that time. 
INTERVIEWER: Wasn't it the first time you took a Noah belt? The GHC Junior Tag Championship in 2014? 
KENOH: But, after all there was the match where I lost the GHC heavyweight to Takashi Sugiura. 
INTERVIEWER: It was 3rd March 2018 
KENOH: I didn't mean I forgot it...I remember it. At the time I had become the GHC Heavyweight champion in December the previous year, and had I surpassed that fight with Sugiura, I could have become Noah's face. 
INTERVIEWER: Keep on
KENOH: My era was definitely coming, but I have a bitterness as I lost to Sugiura. But now I think that had I won that match and become the absolute ace of Noah, then I might have become conceited like AXIZ (Katsuhiko Nakajima & Go Shiozaki). 
INTERVIEWER: Two years and five months have passed since that match, and now you finally have a belt to wear. 
KENOH: It was really long. I was wondering at that time if I could climb up at any time soon, but it was Buntai who made me feel that life doesn't always go to plan. 
INTERVIEWER: That's very moving 
KENOH: As a venue I have an image of the Bunkai Gym that it's hard to hear the cheers of the fans for some reason. 
INTERVIEWER: Somehow I understand what you mean.
KENOH: I remember that the lights behind the 2nd floor seating light up the ring, and make my eyes flicker during matches. 
INTERVIEWER: Speaking of Bunkai in the pro wrestling world, Antonio Inoki vs Tatsumi Fujinami on 8th August 1988 is famous.
KENOH: I'm not very familiar with it, but I think for the fuckers who read "Weekly Pro" that perhaps it can't be overlooked when talking about pro wrestling at Bunkai. There is also the image recently I have of Big Japan who are based in Yokohama having a big event.
INTERVIEWER: For the image you have, Big Japan will hold the final pro wrestling ever here for their anniversary on August 30th.   
KENOH: Like Noah, many promotions used it as a venue to hold big events, so I wonder what we should do from now on? Speaking of Buntai, when I took a shower after the first match, no hot water came out. I was startled as the first person to use it, has to go to the office and switch on the gas. I remember I had to put on a jersey and go to the office myself. I have a lot of memories. 
INTERVIEWER: You have a lot of memories 
KENOH: I have more memories. 
INTERVIEWER: The memories won't end. Finally, what do you want to say about Buntai? 
KENOH: Thank you Buntai! Thank you! 

Picture credit: Weekly Pro
Translated from Weekly Pro (11th August 2020)

Comments