(NOAH) "Might be a checkpoint to the GHC", Keiji Mutoh and Kaito Kiyomiya's first singles match at the 10th August Yokohama Bunka Gym event

8th August 2020
Hochi News

On the 8th August, Pro Wrestling Noah held an interview in Kawasaki before the 20th anniversary event "NOAH the CHRONICLE Vol 3" (which will be held at the Yokohama Gymnasium on 10th August). 

Keiji Mutoh (57) and Kaito Kiyomiya (24), who will have a first singles match which will take place in the semi final, were present today at the interview, where it was announced that both athletes had tested negative for Coronavirus. 

For Kiyomiya this is a , "Fight of destiny that I have to step into in order to become the number one in the pro wrestling world. I want to dive into this area and show a new scenery". 

This will be the first singles match for Mutoh since having artificial joint surgery performed on both knees since March 2017. Feeling a sense of fulfillment, Mutoh says "Compared to not being able to do anything due to the self restraint of Corona, I feel that each day is exciting, and I am progressing down a pro wrestling route." In regards to the match against the former GHC Heavyweight Champion, who is 33 years younger, "I can understand somewhat what the company intended by making this match, but afterwards, I don't know if Kiyomiya is going to be heartbroken, but I am sorry for it. He is the same age as my son, so I am definitely going to look at this from that standpoint. Well, the company but this together because they have a sense of expectation for him. I will do my best. The winning pattern is complete. In my mind my body is moving, but its going to break down if I do something unexpected. It's scary." Regarding the GHC Heavyweight title, Mutoh commented, "For Kiyomiya, this match is a passing point. For me, it might be a checkpoint for the GHC". He outlined his plan to crush the former champion, and connect it to the title challenge. 

Translated from Hochi News
Picture credit: Hochi News 

Comments