(NOAH) Stress release after being completely defeated by Mutoh! Kiyomiya to show 180 degree difference in wrestling.

15th August 2020
East Sports Web\Yahoo Japan

Breakthrough.
Noah's young ace Kaito Kiyomiya (24) will enter the league to determine the strongest in Noah, the "N-1 Victory" for the first time (opens September 18th, Nagoya), is convinced of quick conquest.

At the Yokohama event on the 10th, he lost to "Pro Wrestling Master" Keiji Mutoh (57), but declaring a restart with a smile he says, "I was encouraged by all the motivation in the match, and that has freed me from stress". He will fully open the explosive power of the 24 year old young man, and he head towards the "image of a new champion".

The look that he had of a chess player before the fight with Mutoh had disappeared as he said smiling like the blue sky in Midsummer, "I am feeling really refreshed right now. Other people have ten years of experience, I was able to experience that in one match. Aside from the result, I was confident each time I made an action. Perhaps I was too focused on my goals, and the image of a champion".

The pressure has continued since the launch of the new system for the promotion last spring. In December of last year, holding the record of the youngest GHC Heavyweight champion, he was successful in his sixth defence. He did not enter the first "N-1" as champion, and made his first tag with Mutoh in Osaka in September of the same year. Kiyomiya lost the title in January of this year, and the owners changed again. It was at this time that the battle with Mutoh began. The burden for a young man in his twenties and at the top too, it became a series of harsh trials. 

"It wasn;t until I returned to Japan from training in Canada (December 2017), that I could fight in this ring facing the feeling of being free. I have been constantly setting goals and working towards them. This is my first time to participate (in the N-1), and so it is okay to explode my youth, right?"

Kiyomiya is aiming for his first entry with no pressure. 

There are also clear targets as priorities, in particular the current GHC Heavyweight Champion, Go Shiozaki (38) who is aiming for a double championship in "AXIZ" with Katsuhiko Nakajima (32) at the Kawasaki event on the 30th when they challenge for the GHC Tag Championship. Shiozaki is in the same A Block, with the official league match being at Korakuen on October 4th. 

"Ultimately, the GHC is my ultimate goal. I think it will be easiest to regain the belt after winning the league. I am going to do pro wrestling that is a complete 180 degree difference than before, that is why I am looking forward to the next match."

While pioneering new frontiers, he will continue to run to the ring and to the league finals match in Osaka without hindrance.

Translated from East Sports\Yahoo Japan 
Picture credit: East Sports\Yahoo Japan

Comments