(NOAH) The charm of Noah's Kaito Kiyomiya bought out by the talk power of Jurina Matsui

8th September 2020
Yahoo.co.jp\Baseball Magazine Web

An interview between SKE48's Jurina Matsui, who is familiar as a special guest of Pro Wrestling Noah's broadcast, and Kaito Kiyomiya has been realized. We will deliver "Crosstalk", with hot topics that you don't usually hear from the special edition of Weekly Pro (the main interview will be published in the September 9th issue).

"NOAH is active with many young cool wrestlers"

Matsui has been a special guest on the NOAH broadcast on Internet TV "ABEMA" since May this year. In broadcasting, she always delivers the appeal of pro wrestling to viewers with a fresh response. Kiyomiya praised her for this, giving a rave review saying, "The surprise and the excitement are fresh. Young people are definitely interested in seeing Matsui's reaction". Matsui says that she goes into the special guest at the Noah broadcast like that. 

"I would like to appeal to people who aren't very familiar with pro wrestling, and I hope that I can appeal to women so that they can enjoy it. When I saw NOAH, I thought that it is is active with many young cool wrestlers such as YO-HEY and HAYATA. I want more girls to see it." 

Matsui wished to talk to Kiyomiya at this time who is of the same generation, because through him she wished to convey the appeal of wrestling to a wider audience.

"I wonder when I do my best, who is happy"

Kiyomiya became the youngest GHC Heavyweight Champion in history, and last year he made defenses against the main opponents inn Noah such as Naomichi Marufuji, Takashi Sugiura, Katsuhiko Nakajima and Kenoh. Not only to The Ark, he showed a "new landscape" to the Pro Wrestling Industry and won the "Fighting Spirit" award in the Wrestling Grand Prix. At the young age of 23, he quickly joined the ranks of the top wrestlers. 

However, since he lost the GHC Heavyweight Championship to Go Shiozaki in January of last year, he has been at a standstill compared to last years success. On the 10th August at the Yokohama Bunka Gym, he was defeated in a wonderful singles match with Mutoh Keiji which he positioned as "A fight of fate. This is a world that I have to step into to become the number one in the pro wrestling world.". 
Kiyomiya is aiming for a resurrection in the singles league, "N-1 VICTORY 2020", which will open on the 18th September in Nagoya.

Even though their industries are different, Matsui started performing at the age of eleven and quickly rose to stardom. She is a top idol, who continues to shine even now as a top idol among top idols. Naturally, it is easy to imagine that behind the glory there has been extraordinary effort and suffering, that only those who were young and at the top have had. Matsui told us of her rule of thumb of how she got over it when she faced a big wall. 
"I think of the faces of the fans who support me the most. I am the type that can't just work for myself, and so from the beginning I thought it was good to have joined the group and that I would do my best to make other members and groups known to the world. I think that as I tried hard, I was able to generate more power. Now I wonder when I do my best who is happy".

The debut of Kiyomiya's romantic talk

Besides how to enter into the top of the industry, and the feelings when sandwiched between amazing seniors and the up and coming younger generation and the rivalries, how to make the "switch". The genres of pro wrestling and idols, have many common terms. Because it is a conversation with Matsui, who reached heights at a young age, Kiyomiya who is aiming to become the "number one in pro wrestling", may have been able to express the deep psychology and self-confidence in the growth process so starkly. 

Meanwhile, it was the power and ability of Matsui's talk that surprised me. 
Kiyomiya's older brother, who he shared a room with, was a fan of AKB48 and as a junior high school student had a poster of Matsui, the song "RIVER" was playing at the time. Kiyomiya also gave the story behind his debut match with his shaved head, and the "ceremony" before the match. The true picture, which has not been talked about so far, was drawn out in succession. 

The ultimate story was "talking about romance". It's a difficult subject to bring up, even if you want to hear it, but Matsui asked, "By the way, what type of woman do you like?". They talked with each other about their ideal partners, and their direct feelings. Kiyomiya's romantic talk made his debut as he said, "I've never been asked*". As a result of this, Matsui taught him the Idol technique of shaking hands at an event, Kiyomiya said "This is really informative, I am not taught this kind of thing. I will try it." 

Matsui casually led throughout the whole story and took care to make it fun. Personally, she "wished I had more than just singing and dancing." She was aiming to cultivate a new frontier, but her outstanding talking ability made it possible for pro wrestler, Kaito Kiyomiya, to make full use of a talk in which a lot of natural chams were able to be printed. 

Picture credit: Yahoo.co.jp\Baseball Magazine Web

Comments