(NOAH) "Is there no pride?!" A fierce rebuttal against Kenoh & a request for the finals; interview with Kaito Kiyomiya before the N-1

PRO WRESTLING DX
16th September 2020

Kaito Kiyomiya has announced his first appearance and his first win in the "N-1 VICTORY", which is fast approaching. 

Last year, when the name of the league was changed to "N-1" from "Global League", the young GHC champion did not participate, making the choice to concentrate on the Sumo Hall event. For that reason, this year will be his first appearance in the N-1. 
It was last years champion, Kenoh, who snapped, "You lessened the value of the N-1 due to not participating last year." Further denouncing Kiyomiya he said, "I will expose his shallowness to the world in the final." Kiyomiya has made a fierce rebuttal against this. However, both Kenoh and Kiyomiya have nominated each other for the final, and both men who scattered sparks in the championship match at Sumo Hall, were at drawn daggers again just before the N-1.

Interview with Kaito Kiyomiya

Q: The "N-1 VICTORY" is approaching.
KIYOMIYA: I'm fired up. It is the first time since the name has been changed to N-1, from Global League. I have the experience of approaching and winning the belt as it is, so I have only a good image. 
Q: What was your impression of watching last years "N-1" from the outside? 
KIYOMIYA: I thought that Noah's new brand was born. The league final in Osaka (Kenoh vs Takashi Sugiura) was amazing. It's my first appearance, so I want to increase the brand value by winning the championship. 
Q: Last year you lost the GHC (against Go Shiozaki) at the beginning of the year, and you also lost the subsequent GHC National match (against Sugiura), and you could not win the single with Keiji Mutoh. 
KIYOMIYA: It's a world of defeat or victory, so the result is important. However, other than the results, I think the part where my status has risen is large, especially this year when I have bought my own theme to each match. In the fight with Mutoh at this time I think I was able to fight with confidence by using my own style, including the process that lead up to the single. That's why I said I was able to "update". I didn't get any results, but I have the feeling that I can bring out something that is completely different from the style I have used so far. 
Q: Certainly, even when watching your matches I feel that you are trying various things with confidence, or you are using trial and error. 
KIYOMIYA: I am still growing as a wrestler. Every day is a challenge, and I feel that things are changing. Today and yesterday are completely different...the days go on like that. In the match it is increasing when "intuition comes out in a moment", so what will come out of me naturally? It's a strange story about entering an area that I don't know, and I am looking forward to seeing what happens to me before the match on the day. The movements that you can do in practice, is it not possible to put it out in the match? However, if you accumulate them, they will come out reflexively in the moment as what you save and what you hold back increase. 
Q: What do you think about A block that you have entered? 
KIYOMIYA: I am sorry for the others, but I am aiming for the GHC, so Go Shiozaki is marked. 
Q: Is the driving force for a new challenge the regret of losing to Shiozaki at the beginning of the year and losing the championship? 
KIYOMIYA: Of course. If I hadn't lost the belt, I might have looked at it differently. But it can't help to keep looking at the past. Because I lost the belt I was able to turn my attention to various things and take on all kinds of challenges. I don't think that I could do that if I had a belt, so I am going to bring everything to the fight with Shiozaki. I am looking forward to seeing how far I can go, and what kind of person will emerge. 
Q: The Sakuraba match is also noteworthy? 
KIYOMIYA: We have had almost no involvement in the ring, so it's unknown to me. What kind of match will it be? It's not about winning or losing. I want to compete with something that will naturally come from me. However, in this league everyone is in Noah who are fighting, and have a track record and presence. That's why I want to do it all the time, even when aiming for the GHC Heavyweight. 
Q: Kenoh from the other block came here with a strong verbal attack again, he said "You lowered the value of the N-1 by not participating last year. "First appearance, first victory". What the hell is he talking about?"
KIYOMIYA: Here we go again...but there is a little part of me which is "happy" about it. 
Q: Happy? Why? 
KIYOMIYA: He's been mature until recently, hasn't he? He's been better since he won The National. Well...I think he has a hyena-like sense of smell, but no matter what he says, I have given top priority to "showing a new landscape", and it's no longer "half assed". Even if it was irregular, I believed in it because of the new scenery. I won't deviate when told what to do by others. 
Q: Kenoh also said, "Where is the guy who didn't want to win it all, or who didn't want to even win before the league matches? That kind of crap is said by a guy like that. The company that allowed it, the other wrestlers, from the bottom of my heart I want to destroy everything in this league."
KIYOMIYA: He often says "break", but I think of "create", and I think that history is something to create. To create is more difficult than to destroy, it's rewarding and above all its positive. As for Kenoh's story, well isn't a story of being backward looking? Look at the past, and learn from it and then look ahead. I don't think that "destruction" born from negative thoughts will lead to a big spreading of Noah. 
Q: He also said, "Don't underestimate the N-1" 
KIYOMIYA: What is he talking about? Why would I "underestimate the N-1"? Tell me, is this the first N-1 champion? I would like to say is there no pride? "Because Kiyomiya didn't appear last year, the value of the N-1 that I won has dropped", it's like saying that. What is he saying? I think there was value in last years N-1, and I think the brand was created. So don't worry. In this years N-1 I will definitely win and increase the value again. If Kenoh wants to increase his, then come to the final, we can do it together.

PICTURE CREDIT, PRO WRESTLING DX 

Comments