(NOAH) "I've been thinking, training and getting stronger for as many as I have lost", Interview with Yoshiki Inamura for his first N-1 appearance

Pro Wrestling DX 
15th September 2020

The long awaited first appearance of Yoshiki Inamura in the N-1 VICTORY (kicks off 18th September in Nagoya), has been decided. 
With a red two shoulder singlet which has a big "Kongoh" sewon on the back, the impact of the mohawk and the shaved eyebrows, not only does he look good, but he has a dynamic fight that makes the use of his blessed physique, and although he has been in his career for only two years, he has left a strong presence everywhere. As a young heavyweight hope he has been acknowledged as someone who is chasing Kaito Kiyomiya, and while Mohammed Yone and Akitoshi Saito did not enter, he grabbed his N-1 participation ticket and entered into B block which is packed with powerful wrestlers such as Naomichi Marufuji, Takashi Sugiura, Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima and Shuhei Taniguchi. 
Insufficient achievements, the meaning of days losing, challenges and responses, we talked to the rebellious young warrior who is about to enter the league. 

Q: What are your frank thoughts towards the N-1, which will be your first appearance? 
INAMURA: First of all, I am happy about participation. I will definitely emerge this year! With that feeling (loss), I have been fighting for a year since the last league, and since I entering I definitely have the feeling of "leaving results". 
Q: Of course participating is not the only purpose
INAMURA: Yes. I intend to fight to show my presence in every match, so that I can connect it to my participation in N-1. I may have been able to retain my presence, but I have hardly left results. If I don't leave them, then I don't think it makes any sense to come out and say, "I'm glad I was selected, I did my best but couldn't leave any results."
Q: It looks like you were selected, as Mohammed Yone and Akitoshi Saito did not participate. 
INAMURA: I feel that meaning without exposing it, so I would like to show the meaning of "my participation" in that part. 
Q: What has evolved the most compared to last year? 
INAMURA: Originally, I wanted to make the power side of things a strong point. During the period when there was no matches (due to Corona), I considerably increased my load. As my body became heavier, my stamina became an issue, but I feel that it's improving now and I can move more than before while increasing my power. I have been practicing with that as my goal, and there has been an effect. 
Q: Did the corona restraint period work for the better? 
INAMURA: There were quite a lot of things as while I was able to devote myself to training as I had a lot of time, I was also having regular matches. I was able to try things like "How much can I move with my current weight" and "How much power can I put out until I am out of breath?" I was able to try it, and review my body and movements, so I think that will be a strength. 
Q: Seen from the point of view from a third party, it seemed that you were reckless in matches, but you were actually working out detailed issues. 
INAMURA: That's right. There weren't many matches, so I was able to have goals and challenges for each match. 
Q: Is it time to produce results? 
INAMURA: Yes. I want to try various changes, and while trying them out I want to take them and connect them to victory. 
Q: However, you have never won a single against any of the participating members
INAMURA: There are no other wrestlers with a lower career than me in this group. When it was decided that I would participate, the point was clear that I would be starting from the bottom. That has always been the case, but I have never given up, however, the feeling that I have to beat my seniors is getting stronger. I know it's not sweet enough to win just by thinking it, so that is why I want to continue to work hard for the rest of this period and make something that penetrates even one parameter. I want to be able to win at once. 
Q: What is your impression of the other members of B Block that have entered?
INAMURA: "Only the wrestlers who are affiliated", I don't think there are many blocks like that, including various league matches. Recently I have been fighting with freelancers and wrestlers from other promotions, but there weren't many singles with my own wrestlers. I want to show the affiliate superiors the "difference". 
Q: You are also in the same block as the two who have continued to support Noah, Marufuji and Sugiura 
INAMURA: I have never done a single with Marufuji, I think he is the only one in the promotion. Since there have been so few chances to fight, including tags, there has been little "accumulation". Moreover, he is the one with the most techniques, and I can't read his movements. In this situation I will be having a singles with him for the first time, but after all, fun is stronger than anxiety. Sugiura is a wrestler who I have been aiming at for a long time, while being an enemy. Recently there have been many clashes in tags between Kongoh and The Sugiura Army, and although I stopped him in the final stage, there was a counterattack and a loss...since there are many such patterns as this, I am going to push through in a single. I think there is no choice but to push it through all the way and connect it to the win. I think that the depth of Sugiura lies beyond what I imagined can be pushed out. I haven't seen that stage yet, so I will break through that wall and furthermore, I will break through at that point.
Q: There is also a confrontation with Kenoh
INAMURA: Regarding Kenoh, we haven't been able to fight side by side in a match for a while, but I don't think that the essence of Kenoh's fight will change whether he fights or whether he teams up. I have seen that strength next to me...there are many things that I can understand. What I learned next to him, I want to return it for myself, because I think that I know the strategy that I saw next to me. 
Q: As for Kongoh, Kaito Kiyomiya once raised the question, "Is it good to be there?"
INAMURA: I think that I have been able to have all kinds of experiences because I have been in Kongoh, and so now I want to fight firmly as "Yoshiki Inamura of Kongoh". When Kongoh was formed, I was the one who answered Kenoh's call. I did it for myself. No matter what people say, my feelings will not change. 
Q: With Katsuhiko Nakajima it will become a "Kongoh unit confrontation?"
INAMURA: It's a startling in a word, but recently I was kicked in the face at ShinKiba by him in August and lost. By nature he is cruel, but I think Nakajima in this situation now is very dangerous. However, I can't afford to run away, so I will take everything, and win the fight against Nakajima. After all, I don't think that I can change forever if I run from the scary and the dangerous parts. I want to take it and stand at the end. 
Q: You are in the same block of Taniguchi, who you have had many scenes of intense fighting with? 
INAMURA: Recently, he's been kicking my face many times lately, and moreover, he kicks many shots. Even if the strike seems superficial, if you get kicked like that, movement for a while is gone. Even if a person with that power kicks you and you can guard...it is an unbearable part of that technique, so I think I will have to make measures against it being over if I take it. Every time I fight with the seniors, I feel that all the seniors (including Taniguchi), are evolving more than I think, and that is why I have to evolve further. I felt that strongly in the last year. 
Q: How have you made use of the lessons learnt from the days when you have lost? 
INAMURA: I think that "losing" is a combination of growth, and I often think more of when I lose than when I win. I have been thinking about how many I have lost, and I have trained for all my losses. I don't think any of them are meaningless, and so I think I have become stronger by the amount. That is how I want to hit this N-1, with everything..the amount I have lost so far, the tag team losses and the singles losses. 

Picture credit: Pro Wrestling DX

Comments