(NOAH) Post match interviews ~ N-1 VICTORY 2020, NIGHT ONE (Friday September 18th 2020, Nagoya)


TAKASHI SUGIURA

Q: You won points in your first match, but how do you look back on it? 
SUGIURA: As an opponent, he was a good test run. It was just a good test run. 
Q: Your opponent was quite enthusiastic because this was his first appearance. You have had singles in the past, but did you feel his growth? 
SUGIURA: Well, his feelings and spirits were conveyed, but that doesn't change anything. He should reflect a little more. 
Q: The first match was in Nagoya, but what about the future? Next is the match against Taniguchi. 
SUGIURA: I was at about 1st and 2nd speed today, I want it to rise to top gear. But it's Taniguchi, isn't okay to be in 3rd gear? Well, it's okay to raise it gradually and warm up the engine. 
Q: Is there a regret that last year you were the runner up, do you think that this year will be the one? 
SUGIURA: I want to win the championship with complete victories, but I am worried about the league matches that all the other promotions are having. I don't want to lose in content. 
Q: Did you feel threatened by Inamura in today's match? 
SUGIURA: If I felt threatened, I would have taken it to top gear, right? 

KAITO KIYOMIYA

KIYOMIYA (about Masaaki Mochizuki): I want to do it again! That's all. 

MASAAKI MOCHIZUKI

MOCHIZUKI: Just a minute, I'm 50 years old, let me sit down. Well, I know how Kaito Kiyomiya has achieved results while young, but I don't think I was scared to face Kiyomiya in a single. Today I was full of confidence, there was no plan, and it became a shoot down simulation in 22 minutes. The one on one singles match meant I saw more than imagined in a big way. To be honest, I wondered if he couldn't step into the end because he didn't take the plunge in not a good attack (rough, doesn't translate well). Well, in terms of stamina, he's not the only one who is doing his best, but you can't beat your twenties. So, today is a plus 1, I am going to interpret it as getting 1 point today. Well, in 5 games, I can get 2 points, 3 points...3 points just barely. Maybe its 2 points, but I don't think it's possible to win all of this with this member, so for that first point I have attached a mark to Kiyomiya. I will do a lot of calculations, and aim for the top in my own way. 
Q: You were very cautious about the Tiger Suplex? 
MOCHIZUKI: Before coming out today I came from the dojo in Kobe, so I didn't let him throw the first one, but I think I could tell the Tiger Suplex from his stance, which is why I drove my heel into his knees. That was the secret plan. Taking another was dangerous, but I think everyone around me is wary, and I don't think that most people are going to be able to calculate to use the rope above their head*. I had the image of Kiyomiya's Tiger Suplex, and I was able to prevent it twice. His blow is heavy though, and is something I managed. When you see him in a magazine or from afar, he looks kind and delicate, but when have a singles with him, he looks big, that's for sure. So that's why I want to be happy that I got one point today, and I think that fighting for 30 minutes is a plus for fighting with stamina.#

*Mochi cleverly got a rope break by making sure his feet fell on the ropes when Kiyomiya went for a Tiger Suplex.


NAOMICHI MARUFUJI & ATSUSHI KOTOGE

KOTOGE: I won! I won! I won! M'S Brum Brum won! Now that I have gained momentum as the leader, I'm going to win with this momentum! (Slaps Marufuji's shoulder) I will ask! Not because of being a team, but to ask if I gained momentum!  
MARUFUJI: Don't touch me. Look, today was Noah vs LIDET, a unit rivalry. The first and final chapter, which is finished by our win. 
KOTOGE: You mean I got a victory against the LIDET army? 
MARUFUJI: We put an end to it. How was it? Regrettable? NOSAWA Rongai, is it regrettable? Kaz Hayashi, is it regrettable? Riki Choshu, is it regrettable? 
KOTOGE: Choshu? 
MARUFUJI: It's over today.
KOTOGE: Is the battle over? 
MARUFUJI: The battle is over. We have ended it. You got the win. 
KOTOGE: I did it!
MARUFUJI: Leader, please do the rest. 
KOTOGE: The leader protected Noah without fail!


GO SHIOZAKI

Q: That looks pretty painful*
SHIOZAKI: Does it look painful? There are many wrestlers in A block. That's hard isn't it? I knew that when I entered this league. As the GHC Heavyweight Champion in this harsh league match, I can't stop. 
Q: After the match you looked like you felt a response in fighting Soya? 
SHIOZAKI: There was a time when he wasn't the man who came out in front of me in Kongoh, and I have the impression that when he entered Kongoh he isn't as he was before, but that single mindedness and power. Calling himself Kongoh, nobility of being in Kongoh, the amount of pride in it. I felt that. No, he must know that this should not be the case. He will only crawl up. 
Q: You have won your first points. Is there a jinx that the GHC Heavyweight Champion cannot win? 
SHIOZAKI: What is this jinx? I am just the same today. I reject whoever made that jinx, who did it? I am the one that will change all of that. I am the one who will change everything that has come before in Noah. Because...I am NOAH!!

*His shoulders and arms.


KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA 

NAKAJIMA: What do you want to hear? The N-1 has finally started. This year is a rotten league, but don't worry, I am here. I will make it interesting. Did you see it today? Kenoh, who won the championship last year, took the first shot. What? Anyway, don't you think I will win? But I will win, because I will. Well, that said, I've won one long battle with Kenoh and I don't know what is next. Anyway, don't take your eyes off me, what do you want to ask? 
Q: You shook hands with Kenoh after the match? 
NAKAJIMA: Yeah. We are in Kongoh. Why? Is it strange? 
Q: How did you feel? 
NAKAJIMA: It's Kongoh. That emotion is Kongoh. We did our best, wasn't it an intense handshake? Didn't you see it? Anything else? Is there more you want to hear? Have you finished listening? 
Q: It was a different fight now that Kenoh is in the same unit, Kongoh. 
NAKAJIMA: Well, he's a friend, and as a friend we shortened each others life today. What did you think of the match? 
Q: I thought it was life shortening. 
NAKAJIMA: It was beautiful wasn't it? What is meant by fellowship? Isn't Kongoh intense in that sense? Fellowship I mean. 
Nakajima turns to the camera: What are you looking at? I have said it many times, but I will make this years N-1 exciting. I'll ask you. Don't miss it. 

Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments